She may not be the prettiest girl...75 CB360

Re: She may not be the prettiest girl...

I say put some graffics on the tail that mimmics the ones on the tank, will tie it in much cleaner.

Exactly what I was thinking, please forgive my craptastic photoshop skills......
numbers.jpg

Nice swagger... Thats the shit right there man. If done right that would set this bike apart for sure.

While my skills may be limited, I will see what I can do.

Oh, I am doing up a seat for it now... in white.

That is the way there, that swagger posted, but I think I would loose the number altogether. If the number has to be incorperated for significance of some sort, why not polish up the cases and media blast or brush in the 75 on the cases. Or maybe some smaller silverleaf numbers on the tank and striped around in old school pin-striping!

JustinLonghorn said:
While my skills may be limited, I will see what I can do.

Oh, I am doing up a seat for it now... in white.

Justin, if you need paint help, and your going rattle can, I will be more than happy to offer you any help I can. PM me if you want, I will give you my # and you can call the rattle can help line!

I was thinking of doing something along these lines...

graphics.jpg

Reverse graphics with the white seat.

I will definitely hit you up about paint man.

I am thinking if I really want numbers on it, they can be on the rear mudguard.

Reverse graphics would look cool, I am not sure about the white seat though, may be ok with some black quilt stitching!

I like the paint ideas running through your head. Although at this point I would focus more on the lines of the bike. Paint is the icing on the cake.

Maybe make sure the cowl compliments the lines of the tank. That way it looks thought out, like if honda made a factory cowl for the bike it would look like it belonged on the bike, not just bolted on.

I like where you're going with he paint scheme, I think all the suggestions as far as keeping it blue with black number or design and white outline will look great. BUT I have one concern that no one has pointed out. Maybe it's just me, but That seat does not compliment your tank very well or at all almost. It will do, but since you're going to paint it and all I would suggest you modify the cowl hump, lower the height of it, shorten it, is too big for your bike and a bit long as well IMO.

Do you see how in this pic, the curve will have to be bigger in order to fill the seat cowl? that will throw off the lines on the tank. look at the bottom of the graphis on your tank, it should be the same height from top to bottom on the rear cowl, but it will leave you with a lot of booty and no boobs effect on your bike. I would either modify the cowl first and or get something that will flow better.
numbers.jpg

I'm just saying, maybe it's just me....

I do get where you are coming from, xulf13 (it is a big seat), and some people enjoy a little more minimalistic cowl. However, I like the junk in the trunk. The cowl shape (though big) is very similar to the overall shape of the tank. I think Sean over at Roc City did a great job designing the seat.

The seat also allowed me to have a nice straight line from the bottom front of the tank to the rear of the cowl (in the pics the seat is about 1/4" lower than the tank, the rubber stops were off in the pics).

My first go at a seat... not great, still need to pull and re-staple some of the edges, but it is getting there.

seat-up.jpg

Some cool ideas going on in this tread. I like the idea of mimicing the tank. The number thing is difficult to get worked out. i have changed my mind on how i was gonna pull off the number severals times. Looks good.

i wouldn't worry about the swoosh c... i just follow the bottom line of the tank back on the rear. that'd leave you room to put the numbers on the sides if you wanted. but i'd just put them once on the top of the cowl. i'd also go black for the seat.

Blah blah blah seat seat seat. 8)

I want to know about your front end!

Gsxr? direct swap? Let's hear it. Looks great btw and i'd skip the reverse of the tank logo, pick the white outlined-black number, with a slight tilt (to match the tank logo tilt)

JustinLonghorn said:
I like the junk in the trunk.

;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D
I have been proven wrong bebore, Specially when the project is finished.

I'll keep an open mind and an open eye on this thread for sure.

Gyi2os said:
Gsxr? direct swap? Let's hear it. Looks great btw and i'd skip the reverse of the tank logo, pick the white outlined-black number, with a slight tilt (to match the tank logo tilt)

Hey man, the front end is actually stock. I lowered the tubes, clip-ons on top of the tree, more aggressive stance. I might have to add a steering damper, don't want to get into a slapper.

xulf13 said:
;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D
I have been proven wrong bebore, Specially when the project is finished.

I'll keep an open mind and an open eye on this thread for sure.

Appreciate that man, of course you still might hate it at the end. :) But that is why I enjoy this forum so much, people speak their honest opinions without being dicks about it.

I know some people will hate the bike, and that's alright, because she is all mine.

Back
Top Bottom