1972 CB450 - the face without a name.

joelsephstalin

I thought I should get around to posting a build thread sooner or later, I've had this bike at my garage since early March, and literally done nothing with it. I hadn't intended on starting until my final crits were done with at school, but then I took a summer class on rapid prototyping and it killed all my time. Now that it's done I've started sorting through boxes of parts and putting things together, before I take everything apart and paint/powder it.

Here's how looked when I unloaded the truck. My neighbour came over and laughed at my pile of parts, but (hopefully) I'll be laughing when all is said and done!

The lonely frame.
DSC00707.jpg

The engine.
DSC00709.jpg

Front end.
DSC00710.jpg

The tank sitting on the frame. The tank was in overall great shape, with only a minor dent in it.
DSC00711.jpg

Not sure I'll use any of this, but not 100% on the exhaust yet.
DSC00712.jpg

The fun part...
DSC00713.jpg

The seat is in great shape, but I'm not going to use it. Not sure what to do with it.
DSC00715.jpg

The opportunity arose to have the tank done for a small cost (see: 'free') so I took it. They ended up doing the headlight housing as well, so those both look excellent. The guy I bought it from said the fork seals needed to be replaced (clearly), so I disassembled the forks, painted the lowers black, replaced the seals, and reassembled. The tubes are looking a little sad up around the trees (not below the fork boots though), still have to try and clean that up.

Anyway, here is how she lies now, just popped the engine in this morning. Much easier than the engine on my 650!

Test fit with the finished tank.
IMG_0639.jpg

Sitting in the garage this morning.
IMG_0640.jpg

That's all for now!

Back
Top Bottom