Project Celeste, CB400four....realizing my dream bike.

How did I miss this build thread?
I remember fondling those sweet carbs during Barber, but I would have LOVED to have seen the rest of the bike. The tins look bitchin!

On an interesting tangent, I have spent the last two years (on and off) searching old Honda wing logos. I was looking for one to reproduce as a tattoo, to commemorate my old bikes, on my left arm. And start on the right with the new bikes.
But nothing I found matched the image in my head (memory?). Until I saw the decal for your tank!
I "stole" the pic to take to the tat shop. ;)

So......after the shop gets finished, and this 400 gets finished......are you finally going to fix Denise's bike? :)

I too am amazed I've been in the dark on this build.. Probably for the best, as you would have had to put up with me needing drill bits AND peeks at the bike.. ;)

She'll be ready in time for the shop party, right?

Sorry guys! For some reason DTT decided to quit notifying me of replies on this thread!

Basically, things (as usual) became a lot more complicated with this build. I have decided after much reading and drawing and perusing Tony Foale literature that the backbone is history on this bike. It will be cut out and replaced with a full tube spine that will prove to be much more rigid. The swing arm pivot were removed and rebuilt to accept a 17mm stainless hollow pivot bolt from an fzr and retain the stock needle bearings in the swinger. Also, the tins have completely changed after winning a bad ass tank made by legacy motorcycles at barbers. Yes she is going full race now. I am shooting for less than 300 lbs dry. I talked with Kevin and the rear disk hub will be here on November 29th from South Africa. The front hub and brakes are finished, and the rear Moto Guzzi wheel is in hand. She is coming, but work is slow due to all funds being tied up in the shop build. For now, here are a few updated shots.....

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0117-2.jpg

IMAG0116-1.jpg

I hope you wiped that tank down.. I can think of at least two times I found myself drooling on it..

And you don't even wanna know what I caught this other dude doing to it.. (hint: he left in handcuffs)

Thanks guys! Matt, she will be thoroughly detailed pre-paint! I am a fan of the tank as well. It was a huge surprise.

Damn, looks great dude. Souds like I missed a lot of fun at Barber this year, and a trip to jail. I also am fond of dry humping sexy inanimate objects...

i read through 23 pages of this build and in the end no picture of a finished bike........Saw an awesome pic on the "people riding on bikes" thread and felt compelled. Where can i see more of this 400f

Come to Barber in October and you can see it in person - whatever stage it's currently at :)

Tim said:
Come to Barber in October and you can see it in person - whatever stage it's currently at :)

Same stage as last picture unfortunately. Building shop zilla has an effect on spare time and funds. She is still here though, I promise you, and will be built under a new roof soon!

Back
Top Bottom