My 1980 XS400 project

valvesprung said:
Where did you get the tank pads, and what type of paint did you use on the frame/engine/etc?
Got the tank pads from www.steadfastcycles.com they are from a 1968 Triumph. As to the engine, frame and so on... nothing expensive... the paint is Duplicolor high heat ceramic flat black. Works very well after good prep is done. Why paint the whole bike with the same paint? It was hard to get the same matching finish with other brands. I just wanted the entire flat black look. About the tank i just got it replaced with the one you see now because the original had way too much rust inside to clean /seal and also it was a great deal i couldn't let go. I kind'a like the glossy tank with the flat black look, but i'll probably paint it in the near future. Hope I have covered everything, regards....

Got my barends in and installed them, tried a couple of different ways. Kind'a like them this way. Any comments are welcome like always.

very clean, i really like the bars and the gauges now! i may have to look into getting a set of those gauges.

Love it!!!! That is one sweet ass little ride!! I'm planning on running those same style mirrors for my kz, where did you get yours? I was also curious, any problems seeing the mirrors with how you have them mounted? Seems like there could be obsruction from your arms that'd make you have to lean and shift to see out of them, hope not because that's how I envision mounting mine!!

Hey 904cafe? Thanks for the comments...The gauges are from MIKESXS, very good quality and lighting, i really like them. To anarki650... After ridding the bike i noticed that it wasn't the correct position and it kind'a obstructed the hand placement on the throttle side. So i turned them facing out and foward of the handlebars. I'm really thinking of getting the clubman bars if i don't get the look i want. This is how she looks now...

i was actually going to ask about having your mirrors like that... (if they were in the way), i thought about manuevering my napoleon's like that but assumed they would. i dont know why, as i am normally a fan of the clubman/clip on look but i like your bike with the drag bars, especailly how low they sit. keep it up!

Just curious what turn signals are u using? They seem different... but maybe that is just do to the flat black.... Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom