wheel building

Mortikan

Coast to Coast
I wanted to get the snaps of the before soyou could see what I am up against.
I am lacing front hub from xs 1 to 18 inch rear sholdered rim off 75 xs
I will kepp updated with posted pics

so I have the two wheels unlaced and I am looking forward to cleaning the rim and getting the drum hub in shape. It was painted with a silver that is chipping. The inside liner is streight with no cracks or damage so I am goignt to do a light sanding to get it deglazed and should be good to go. The black rubber plugs are soaking in mothers back to black. I find it penetrates and keeps the rubber plyable.

Nice stuff! What are you doing for spokes? I need to get some of those black rubber plugs for my wheel.

I am going to go through buchannan's to get the spokes I hate to pay that much for them. Sometimes you have to pay. I am going to relace them myself and have someone do the final truing. It took a while but I have the pattern down. I am polishing the rim now and working on getting the pint off the hub I should have more shots in a few days

OK I should add as a safety warning always listen to your high school shop teacher Never wear loose articles while around a grinder. Needles to say I was trying not to get crap flug all over me and I was wearing a plastic apron thing. Now I have two nice abrassions on my left forearm from my brush wheel. sorry no pics my blood is my blood.

Back
Top Bottom