"Drewski's h1a/750"

Re: A Drewski/Seaglider Production

I have a vision...

DSCF6777.jpg

I "see" our project looking something like what you see here. This particular h1 is a compilation of years, and is owned by a friend here in S. Ontario. It flat out HAULS!! It's all I can do to keep up on my h2!! :eek:

I'm especially geeked about these pipes which are "period" Wolf pipes from right here in Cambridge, Ontario. I'd be stoked to get Walms to dial up a set like these. :D

Drewski said:
We'd love a set of these...

DSC08453.jpg

... however I don't think we can afford 'em just yet. ;) Unless Seaglider unlocks the wallet!! ;D He's gettin' plenty worked up about riding this thing and making it special, so...

You never know! ::) ;D ;D I'll keep you all up to date! :D

Holy cow that's some good looking pipes right there! Would it be possibly to get a close up pic of the exhaust flange stub? I am about to make a set of expansions for my Suzuki and I want to make some of those slip fit stubs like those in your pic.

These are what you want. Denco style spigots. Quality work! 8) Made by a Triples nut in Pennsylvania. :D

DCP_6280-1.jpg

I like it and a sleeper is always fun ;)

Without the ability to actually work on this project at the moment, planning and dreaming is all I'm left with. Fortunately, I'm a big dreamer and planning is something I like to do! :D

As far as the exhaust goes, we're gonna start out with a set of Wirges pipes. They're available and not particularly valuable as chambers go. They don't offer much in performance, but they sound cool! ;) :D I might try cutting them up a little and trying to weld them back together so that they tuck in between the frame rails a little better than they currently do. 8)

Once some money is available, this is the layout or design of the pipes I'd like to see on this one. :D

4.jpg

5.jpg

Basically the same as my other set, but without the cross-over design. They're simpler, yet really tucked in between the lower frame rails. 8)

R ya with me?? ;D ;D

Well.... R YA?!?! ;D

So what is the short term "get'r on the road now" plan and what is the long term goal? internal and external
And when do you plan on going from the planning stage to the building stage?

Drewski - I think we've all too busy admiring the drawings to comment!

I think I'm developing a triple envy.

Crazy

reds said:
So what is the short term "get'r on the road now" plan and what is the long term goal? internal and external
And when do you plan on going from the planning stage to the building stage?

At the moment we only have one goal. That would be to get the h1 on the road in "due time". :) I know that's a very vague description, but that's about the size of it. We don't want or need to put a time-line on it. From our previous experience, that just adds stress. Stress is not something we need! :D

Internally, the engine will be essentially stock. :) Not very sexy... I know. ;D

The rest of the bike will be stock in appearance but we won't be held to a strictly stock finish. Some chrome bits may be painted. Wheel, tire sizes, brakes and other details for example, may be from other models or aftermarket bits. :)

As far as getting off the ground, test assembly of the front and rear wheels and suspension will likely commence in the new year. We intend to get some frame bracing welded in place though, so things will be a little tedious for the next 3 - 4 months. There are parts to search for and gather together through the winter. The crank will likely go in for a bearings and seals rebuild at this time as well. :)

So, here ya go. Pretty straight forward for the time being.

After that, however, things might get interesting. ;) Once we sort out the "bugs" and get mobile, I "see" some fun mods in our future! ;D A set of pipes would be an obvious place to start! 8)

stroker crazy said:
Drewski - I think we've all too busy admiring the drawings to comment!

I think I'm developing a triple envy.

Crazy

That Walms... he sure knows how to "put pencil to paper", doesn't he?!? ;D ;D 8) 8)

Wish I could do 3D like that for the pipes on my T500. Should have learned solidworks when I had the chance!

let me know if you need any donations. parts not money ;D

I got a extra one of these im selling very soon its new and my "friend discount" will take the sting outta shipping

Attachments

• 2012-12-10 10.34.30.jpg
    2012-12-10 10.34.30.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 869

trevor said:
let me know if you need any donations. parts not money ;D

Thanks Trev, I'd take most of the parts off your bike!! :eek: ;D Haha! ;) I know... not what you meant. :D

I'll be in touch when I know what we need! Thank you sir! 8)

bradj said:
I got a extra one of these im selling very soon its new and my "friend discount" will take the sting outta shipping

Wow! I assume that's for rolling sheet metal?? :eek: If I was going into production, that would be so cool!! :)

Hmmmm...

Wow...Drew when you mentioned you'd thrown the project up on Do The Ton I didn't expect all this! I really like the direction this is going. Love the look of those pipes....not quite as wild as the Mongrel but cool none the less....might have to jump on that sooner than later! ;D ;D

O'k, not much work getting done but LOTS of discussion over on the KTC forum! ;D I might as well bring y'all up to date. 8)

I rolled the h2 rear wheel and hub over to the h1 swing arm and our first issue became apparent. The h2 axle is too big in diameter and somewhat long too. The hub is gonna be a tight fit in that swing arm. After much discussion about a number of preferred hubs, swing arms, etc, I believe we have arrived at a reasonable solution. I'm looking for an early '72 h2 swing arm to shorten 2" that should hold the h2 hub with ease, as well as slot into the h1 frame quite easily. 8) By shortening it 2", it will maintain the short, better handling, more wheelie prone wheel base. ;D

The kz1000 front forks should be on the bike in a day or two. We're gonna hafta be looking for some replacement ex500 brake calipers down the road, but it'll work fine as it is for now. :)

We'll get some pics up in a day or so! ;D

Oh ya...

... here's a pic of our machine in race trim a few years ago. 8)

2011_0617AC.jpg

Off the track and back on the road she goes (with a few changes)... maybe this summer. ;) :D

Why ? ;)
Off the track and back on the road she goes (with a few changes)... maybe this summer. ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom