my ghetto ass winter redo 72' CL450

Re: my ghetto ass winter redo 73' CL450

Cool exhaust. I love the look of exposed welds, looks industrial.

Love the Z too!

chrisf said:
Understood. Did you really cut those bits with a chop saw? Or did you mean a bandsaw?

--Chris
chop saw with a metal blade, its what i got and it makes 15* cuts every time...unless i set it on something else
lil beast said:
LOL, Chris, what ever happened to " under seat exhaust is unnecessary"... keep up the good work Derek
thanks i see you too have done so, got any pics?

dude the exhaust is KILLING IT MAN! just insane... nice work... the more i looked at it the mre i just f'n love the exposed and just rought look of hte pipes... if you goss the hell out of that bike and then clear the pipes in a high heat powder or even rattle can to keep them from rusting up super fast... then re warp the front half of them it would look insane!, somehting that would look pretty sweet is to go to the hardware store get a piece of brass tubing and tap on brass tips on the ends... would be a nice clean touch and brass just looks sick any time you use it!

Derek4Real3 said:
i see you too have done so, got any pics?

If you have access to a TIG it would have a nice clean finish, better than MIG any day. I use stainless wire in my MIG for some SS welding if I want the raw look. Good call on the framework. Look up my posts and youll see my build and still buildin, no need to hijack yours. ;D

lil beast said:
If you have access to a TIG it would have a nice clean finish, better than MIG any day. I use stainless wire in my MIG for some SS welding if I want the raw look. Good call on the framework. Look up my posts and youll see my build and still buildin, no need to hijack yours. ;D
I like your bike/work. I use stainless wire too but i cant /dont have a tig welder, the welder i know that does our roll cages told me $170 to weld all of it (36 joints) but im broke and have many other tings to do on the bike so it looks like i'll be mig welding it myself (oh boy :-\) i might have to wrap it lol. as for the frame work i need to find some pre bent tubing for the tail and do some bracing.

no new news on my bike but.......
350zfire.jpg

haha
this is a good day at work

new parts update, santa hooked it up
IMG_0253.jpg

tires.jpg

Maxxis promax 100/90/19 F and 120/90/18 R
PS. i migged the exhaust.....sorry guys looks like its getting fully wrapped

I was planning to do under-tail exhaust. I decided to use cl pipes to get started on this build since I dont have much money or know how. Then I open this thread and youve telepathically stolen my idea, damn you! :)

anyways, nice build so far.

And Im jealous of your job! Ive owned a few 240's. I had a white one, 5spd, hud, pure sex. She was pretty run down though and I sold her off after she sat in my garage for 3 years with a blown motor. Got 1000$ for a non running 20+ year old car that was certainly not in amazing condition. I guess I owe a thanks to the drift craze for inflating the prices :)

p.s. the rich exhaust gave me a stiffy..

boomshakalaka said:
I was planning to do under-tail exhaust. I decided to use cl pipes to get started on this build since I dont have much money or know how. Then I open this thread and youve telepathically stolen my idea, damn you! :)

anyways, nice build so far.

And Im jealous of your job! Ive owned a few 240's. I had a white one, 5spd, hud, pure sex. She was pretty run down though and I sold her off after she sat in my garage for 3 years with a blown motor. Got 1000$ for a non running 20+ year old car that was certainly not in amazing condition. I guess I owe a thanks to the drift craze for inflating the prices :)

p.s. the rich exhaust gave me a stiffy..
it was that or i was going to do a 2 into 1 under the frame but I saw another bike on here with it.
hell if your 240 was a coupe i coulda got you more for it. :p

UPDATE:
fabbed up some new rearset plates since i removed the passenger brackets, welded on
capped the frame tubes
motor is out of the frame and painted gloss black
rims are gloss black
frame is gun metal grey metallic
front forks are polished and cleared

...not sure how i feel about the frame color but i cant have too much black, i'll snap pics for you guys to comment on

the exterior was decent, a tiny bit of rust started to bubble up around the sunroof, and I mean tiny. But the interior was pretty bad. I bought the car not running, and the sunroof always had a slight leak. Well I think it was stored outside for years. The carpet was mostly rotted up, and I was scared to rip it up and look at the sheet metal. Also Im in chicago. Im sure in socal I coulda got 1500 without even trying.

/highjack

Derek4Real3 said:
PS. i migged the exhaust.....sorry guys looks like its getting fully wrapped

lol, figured that would happen. I cant weld as good as TIG either man.

lil beast said:
I can it as good as TIG either man.
??

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

i hope you can get an idea of the color with these shots

IMG_02551-1.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

Now i need to polish those covers like i did these forks
IMG_0258.jpg

I also cleaned up my wiring harness and spruced up the rectifier
IMG_0262.jpg

lol. fixed. Frame looks mint. I gotta get back on my bike too.

lil beast said:
lol. fixed. Frame looks mint. I gotta get back on my bike too.
ah makes sense now.
thanks! i still have to make a battery / under tail tray and find a good small battery
I hope that i like that color when its all back together

I like the color of the frame. Generally I think the frame should be darker than the rest of the paint, but this could be an exception.

boomshakalaka said:
I like the color of the frame. Generally I think the frame should be darker than the rest of the paint, but this could be an exception.
true but i cant get darker then black and everything else is black. I wont know till its too late so i better like it

Derek4Real3 said:
true but i cant get darker then black and everything else is black. I wont know till its too late so i better like it

dont worry, I think it will look really good. Think about like a black ducati with that sort of bronzeish frame, it looks awesome. I actually was planning to do a similar color on my frame, but if I do my paint is going to be a pewter gray with some red accents, stripes or outlined indents or something.

Yeah dude, it looks awesome! I wouldn't worry. That bike is going to be badass!

Deviant1 said:
Yeah dude, it looks awesome! I wouldn't worry. That bike is going to be badass!
THANKS! im sure ill be happy no matter what, i mean i built the fucker and i was happy with it before so any improvement will be 100 times better

Back
Top Bottom