1973 cb350f lightweight cafe

Really nice build! I'm a little surprised that it's not a bit lighter considering the lack of turn signals, fenders, etc. That Honda lump must be a little thick.

Sav0r said:
Really nice build! I'm a little surprised that it's not a bit lighter considering the lack of turn signals, fenders, etc. That Honda lump must be a little thick.

Haha thanks. I havent weighed the bike, just the difference in components, and what i took off. I figured 50lbs off was respectable loss. The motor is heavy as hell!

Little update. Motor was blown apart for some surgery, long story short, needed to be decked. While in there, it's now a +3mm bore. Not 100% sure how to calculate the compression difference, but between decking and boring it should be up there ;D. I'm dreading all the work to get her back together, mostly since I have virtually zero free time at the moment, on a tight deadline to finish building my house, with not clear end in sight :eek:.

jag767 said:
http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-bikes-week-27

I'll take it!

Indeed... that site has some of the most amazing builds. I painted the bobber on this weeks front page.. :D http://www.bikeexif.com/bobber-style-yamaha-xs650

3DogNate said:
Indeed... that site has some of the most amazing builds. I painted the bobber on this weeks front page.. :D http://www.bikeexif.com/bobber-style-yamaha-xs650

Nice work! Wish you were local, I need a good painter. Actually I could just send you the gas tank, the rest is getting powercoated on my current project. I really like that bike, but if it were me I'd like a little more fuel than just for around town lol. And 1 front brake would be advisable.

jag767 said:
Nice work! Wish you were local, I need a good painter. Actually I could just send you the gas tank, the rest is getting powercoated on my current project. I really like that bike, but if it were me I'd like a little more fuel than just for around town lol. And 1 front brake would be advisable.

Same guy did a wicked sportster 2 years ago that has shown well also... it has a peanut tank too. When we ride, it's gas every 70-80 miles... everyone else is on a 200 mile per fill bagger. His next build he's starting is a Bagger... that one will be cool. But I don't really have the facility to do a lot of paint work, just one or two small projects a season. Dig around , you'll find a local guy that does outstanding work.

Barrels all prepped for paint. Head''s been stripped, just needs to be gone over with a scotch Brite pad so paint its close... I'm very eager to get it all back together.

Attachments

• IMG_20160904_084525.jpg
    IMG_20160904_084525.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 206
Wow! Phenomenal looking bike! Pretty much everything you've done is perfect. Love it. Can't wait to see a video of it running with that big meg.

MBellRacing said:
Wow! Phenomenal looking bike! Pretty much everything you've done is perfect. Love it. Can't wait to see a video of it running with that big meg.

Thanks for the high praise! I'm not sure every is perfect, especially since looking at it now I would have done a few things differently, but its still a very fun bike. I was meticulous with the details, even preping the head/ barrels now I am filing away casting marks, and using a coarse scotch brite pad to remove any marks in the fins. I'm eager to hear it myself. It sounded great before, but I'm curious what difference there will be, if any.

Parts all painted, new pistons on the rods, It was the fight of my life to get the fucking barrels on there. First I tried using a pick to get 1 and 4 in at tdc, no go. Then I decided to make a spring compressor out of someone hard hose and hose clamps. Worked like a charm, got 1 and 4 right in. Then 2 and 3 decided to piss in my cherios, no go. Took the fuckin thing off, and made 2 more compressors, and attempted to do all 4 at the same time. Yeah fucking right. Then I tried to do 2 and 3 first. Worked. Then I got 1 and 4 in with a pick. Done. Then I look on my bench and see the 4 0 rings for the fucking sleeves looking right at me. Fuck!!! Drank a 6 pack and did it again.

Now I have to tape off the tops of the pistons and assemble the motor and turn it through to make sure the valves clear after being decked. I swear to god I am hating this motor right now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

adventurco said:
Those washers are always nerve wracking to put back in place. Nice 'catch'

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Lol, you had to see my face, talk about dumb luck. Was able to fish it out no problem.

The casting marks in the head cover were driving me nuts, so been busy removing them. Should have the bike all together again shortly

Tappets adjusted and motor turned over, it all clears! A couple more hours to get it all together and dialed in.

Since i'm tired of guessing with carbs, this just happened.

Attachments

• 71-8woYOiHL._SL1500_.jpg
    71-8woYOiHL._SL1500_.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 238
CarbsAndCylinders said:
Who makes this one and how expensive is it. I would like to get something like this.

It's just an AEM wideband air fuel meter, and 02 sensor. I'll weld the bung into the exhaust and tune accordingly. I think it was 180 with prime.

Back
Top Bottom