The Tortoise: cb350 -Now with metal flake

Rocan, no real reason, I already had the dyna coils here, was planning on using them with my Hondaman ignition system.

Thanks for the kind works.

In other news, this bike is a whole new animal, the difference is staggering. Grin plasters on my face the entire ride....on a side note, is an exhaust to loud when it sets car alarms off as you drie by

Uniac said:
Rocan, no real reason, I already had the dyna coils here, was planning on using them with my Hondaman ignition system.

Thanks for the kind works.

In other news, this bike is a whole new animal, the difference is staggering. Grin plasters on my face the entire ride....on a side note, is an exhaust to loud when it sets car alarms off as you drie by
nahh, my fathers cruiser does that all the time (especially on decel and HARD accel!)... AND his exhaust meets regulations. car alarms are too sensitive

good to hear you got everything running. this is a favorite build of mine. one day ill find a modern front end to do a swap like yours

Just trying out tapatalk, took this while building a deck at a friends place today.

Running great, clutch springs need to be upgraded. Cargo rack and panniers are going on tonight, just a test fit for my east coast road trip comming up.

(Sorry if the res sucks.)

how far east are you going? If you make it to Canada, I would love to meet you and the bike in person. Free place to crash if you do.

Looks great.

Cheers,

Maritime

Long time listener first time caller.

Where do you find a replacement headlight when your 40 year old bulb's glass delaminates, smashes on the ground in front of you and causes a blow out?

Standard 5 3/4" h4 conversion doesn't fit. 7" is to big. Anybody dealt with this before?

huh how are you going to handle the power draw when the HID fires up? the charging system can handle that on a 350?

It's got a ricks, and LED everything. I was running 2.3ah battery for 2 years until it died without issue.

Upgraded to a 6ah unit.

Even without the ricks, if i let the HID power up before turning the coils on and starting up, draw drops to 1A. It's the startup that kills you at 5-6A.

I'm about to do gsxr swap as well and am considering running the stock gsxr wheel up front with the skinny in back. Hows it handle? great looking bike btw!

wiskey said:
I'm about to do gsxr swap as well and am considering running the stock gsxr wheel up front with the skinny in back. Hows it handle? great looking bike btw!

The stock front GSXR wheel is wider than the stock rear 350 wheel. That is a very bad idea.

lol, it's not a great idea, it handles OK. It's fairly neutral, but the front is way stiffer than the Duro in the rear, so if you're not careful the back will slide a bit the lower you go. Honestly the larger safety concern is the dampening mis-match from front to rear. The aftermarket replacement shocks are way overdamped for the weight of the 350.

Hopefully if things go well in the next few weeks, i'll finally get to putting the matching wheel in the rear.

I lover this exhaust, great bike. Exhaust has a nice squared off look and is low to the ground and looks badass. I would get a more traditional hard tail seat instead of th3 full leather benjacket seat. Then I would paint it a anthracite grey non metallic glossy finish. But looks good how you did it too :)

Back
Top Bottom