RD350 (or any 1.85x18) Front Wheel on CB360

raptormeat

Been Around the Block
So, I'm looking to have identical size rims/wheels front and back on my CB360. Mostly because OCD.
On my RD i put on 3.5-18 tires on both rims. a 2.15 and 1.85.
On the CB the 1.65 front rim is just too narrow, and with my "clown boots" 4.00-18 tires, it is lackluster handling.

I can't find any other 1.85-18 disk brake wheels, so I'm looking into a RD front wheels.
Now, first, the disk is on the opposite side of each bike, CB left, RD right, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter, just flipit.
Has anyone done this swap? Ill give it a go in a couple days

It's easier to just get some rims from Mikes XS.
If you have to buy a Yamaha wheel then pay for shipping, the cost won't be much different

I have 2 rd350 rear hoops that are real nice and straight that i built and then didnt use off my r500

awesome Matt, those wheels look GREAT. Im gonna go with surprisingly the cheapest one, black 1.85x18, ive never spoked a wheel before, should be interesting.

If you are patient, and have good enough references, you can do it. Take plenty of pictures of the wheel before you take it
apart. (Assuming you haven't already) Read some tutorials and / or watch some youtube videos on the subject. The thing that
I learned on the front wheel, is that it was easiest for me to lay out all of my inner spokes, (both sides) in the direction that they
were supposed to go. Then, set the rim over the layed out hub & spokes, and thread them into their corresponding holes, one side
at a time. Then you can go back and do the outer spokes. It's a pain in the ass at first, but once you understand the pattern, it is easy.

Back
Top Bottom