cj360 clutch pop/not disengaging

iatattooer

Hello everyone. So I'm pretty new to the forums and motorcycles in general. Just got my first bike.. 1977 cj360t. No prior knowledge of the working of a motorcycle. Spent a couple weeks doing minor adjustments and cleaning carbs etc. learned quite a bit from tinkering and rebuilding it. Got it running last night, was pretty stoked to ride it then out of a sudden I run into the infamous "clutch pop". After looking through the forums for a while I made some adjustments and got it back to functional. This morning I noticed that when the clutch is disengaged there is still a small amount of friction, so I tried making some more minor adjustments. Now there is no pop, clutch does not disengage and it won't shift unless i rock the bike while trying to shift gears. Completely stuck and ready to pull all my hair out, if anybody could offer some insight that would be great! Thanks!

UPDATE:

So after messing with the clutch adjustments i seem to have gotten it to disengage, although there is still resistance felt (although slight) when im in gear and i disengage and try to roll forward or back. Also seem to have difficulty in shifting gears. When trying to get to first, it goes into neutral and then after messing with it some more, it finally seems to go into it.
Could I have messed something up or just not adjusted it properly? :-[

Hopefully this will do some justice for you my friend-

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/48-engine-discussion/8701-350-360-clutch-adjustment-proceedure.html

Back
Top Bottom