The Travelling Gremlen Bell! In Kentucky getting Rusty.

Re: The Travelling Gremlen Bell!

SHitty, you know I never put the stick in my PC. I never got to it, just did the log book and mailed it off.

Garage Rat said:
Well, if this hasn't turned to a shit show... Long story short, bikes are out and the internet and anti virus won't work now after I put the card in to see the pictures.

I gotta start work again on Monday and its getting cold fast up here. I'll try to get some kinda miles on it....

Ps, don't get married. Not for the fear of the commitment or divorce, but for all the bull shit that goes on in the process of getting married and the money you save.

Too bad I gotta drive, whisky would be good now.

Haha, yeah I'd be able to buy a nice used Ducati or about 10+ 70's bikes in running condition. UGH. I feel you on the money I/we could have saved...I'll have some whisky for you :)

I love this. I'd be honored to take that bell around a bit once you guys have had a chance.

GarageRat - Not sure what you were saying about anti-virus not working after you put the card in, but if you think it might have picked up a virus along the way, PM me and I can let you know some ways to find out/ clean it without killing your own computer.

So my home computer is still down, I haven't found the time to even give it to anyone let alone try to fix it myself.

I did get the bell out for a ride! 20km to work today, and will be 20 home again. The plan is to hit the highway this Saturday and put on around 200km.

If you guys are cool, I would like to hold on to it a few weeks. The riding season is coming to a close real quickly and we are having some freakishly warm weather this year. We are supposed to see +25C this week! If all goes well, I should be able to get a few hundred on it just commuting.

WARNING, Do not use ride with the bell. It will make you ride in conditions no sane man would. If your from Florida, you will ride in a Hurricane, If you live in Kansas, you will chase a tornado.

I just rode 20km to work again at +4C. Sure bigger gloves and a Visor would have been nice but the Bell told me to do it regardless.

On the computer, started it in safe mode did a scan and no virus found, still wont connect to the net... gotta call ISP.

Ha ha, I rode through some wicked thunderstorms and torrential rain with that thing coming home from Mis Ohio, and just as the bike was going to complketely stall out being water logged I pulled in for gas, came out and the sun was shining and I fired up the bike and hit the road again. The bell will help you through just about anything, except running out of gas, that can still happen.

I was thinking about the USB... with the chance of it carrying a virus around or just plain failing. How would everyone feel with a group photobucket account we could all just upload to? Password would just be PMed to the next person getting the bell.

So is the bell going to make its presence felt in Alabama next month?

If you want a place to upload photos to, documenting the bell's adventures, I'd suggest right here :)

Tim said:
So is the bell going to make its presence felt in Alabama next month?

If you want a place to upload photos to, documenting the bell's adventures, I'd suggest right here :)

I would certainly hope it does...

Ringo said:
I'll go ahead and put myself on the list after those who have been waiting a while. I (and probably t71ford) would be down to show it around the mountains of Montana.

Looks like

Garage Rat
Staffy
boingk
Bruno
Griff
Chimera
Ringo

?

I'm sure I missed others, as well as confused the order...

I'm gonna get a few pics this weekend and send it off next week. There is no point in holding it longer with the way weather is turning. Were suposed to get in the negatives next week with snow. If I lived in town, I'd keep riding through the shit but 110km in +5 with rain is not cool on the way to work let alone colder in the dark on the way home.

Who gets it next? I have found a few lists like this. I think it would be cool to make an annual apperance at Barbers then on its way again. Obviousley it needs to make its way overseas again back and forth...

I'll add up my measly few miles and maybe even total all road miles and mail miles.

I would love if it gets to Tim before Barber next week. There will be a cornucopia of DTT members there. Plus, it would be nice for someone to be able to use it over the weekend.

Re: Re: The Travelling Gremlen Bell!

JustinLonghorn said:
I would love if it gets to Tim before Barber next week. There will be a cornucopia of DTT members there. Plus, it would be nice for someone to be able to use it over the weekend.

+1, someone will need it!

So, Tim to Barber again. I'll get it out Monday, property mail should place it there in time.

Taking the bell for its last ride with me shortly... It's +5 outside right now...

Re: The Travelling Gremlen Bell! Next right, Bonnyville!

DSC_0125.jpg

Bonnyville Alberta.... Sorry...

Took a left today instead.

DSC_0105.jpg

Welcome to Cold Lake

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

I actually spent a few weeks stripping weight off of the F18 on the stick.

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117-1.jpg

DSC_0118-1.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

Sorry I've been preoccupied with other stuff. Unfortunately there's no way to get the bell from Alberta to Toronto in time for my departure as we leave Wednesday first thing and Monday's a holiday. So getting it here by Tuesday would be impossible I think.

Ed - if you want to look into it I'm PM'ing you my Toronto address. Otherwise, it could in theory get to Alabama by the end of the week if it were shipped quickly. I'll include Kiley's address - let me know what the cost would be to get it there by Thursday or Friday and DO THE TON will cover the shipping if it's not insane.

Will do, shouldnt take too long or cost too much ether.

More pictures.

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Parked at a local more traditional "Cafe" more along the lines what the boys back in the day dined at.

Finally for this post... I do wish that I got to tour with the bell on this girl, buying a house and getting married takes from things like building a motorbike... I have a 10' trailer... I might be able to convince the wife to run down next year to barber and go for a spin with it.

DSC_0126.jpg

Back
Top Bottom