Looking for Benelli Mojave petcock with reserve.

To Rusbak-322

When you tapped the threads with a 10mm x 1mm, was that a change to 10mm or was it always a 10mm tap? ( that needed the threads cleaned up)

Mine is a Benelli tank, not a repro. The threads are 10x1.
I have on Petcock that fits, the other will only thread a few turns and I don't want to force it.

I have a metric tap and die set that I bought. It includes a thread gauge set that looks like a bunch of combs. You can use this to figure out the threads you have.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

this is what I have -

https://www.zoro.com/vermont-american-screw-pitch-gauge-us-thread-counts-21939/i/G1957541/?gclid=CjwKEAjw_LG8BRDb1JTxm8uP_UwSJADu_8pWaciwX7iWqRoJUWHnPE5eTMLaaPGSKy83acyqzw1DLhoChYfw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Z-9Myzfo5oy.JPG

I am in the same position Mr Vroom, did you find something that worked? I too have bought the same tank from India and the taps (that leak fuel and have no reserve).

Attachments

• 15936029_1622844741064535_1431147698_n.jpg
    15936029_1622844741064535_1431147698_n.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 318
Any chance that the threads are the same as a hydraulic line or compression tubing fitting. It may take a fittings to get to your thread. Won't look good, but it will get it running.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I bought a die ( or is that a tap?) and cleaned my threads. I used the petcocks off of a moped that have reserve, I was worried that they would be too small to feed a 850cc motor, but no issues there.

My only beef is that the one petcock hit the Cyl head on my Moto Guzzi and I need to use something like a screwdriver to turn it off when the motor is hot.

I have both tanks. I have an original Mojave and a knock off. The original is great! The knock off a piece of crap... lots of body work needed to look the part and I did use a tap and die set to make the pecks work well. If you have a tap and die or borrow a set, life is easier.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom