Back at it....this time with an 81 Suzuki GN400.

My cables are all stock except for the braided brake hose. Can't remember the length, I just measured from the caliper up to the new bars and used that.

Swapped out the pipe for this raw steel reverse cone. Also added mx pegs and some chopped down bmx pegs for passenger pegs.
null_zpsa04bffe0.jpg

null_zps1e08e14c.jpg

cierrecart said:
Swapped out the pipe for this raw steel reverse cone. Also added mx pegs and some chopped down bmx pegs for passenger pegs.

Absolutely love your idea of using the mx pegs. Have been planning to replace mine with something non stock and couldn't really find anything I liked until now.

Thanks man. These required some slight shaving of the sides, but they fit great. New pic from a 150 mile ride last weekend, Bike ran freaking great.

Saw it last night. Congrats! I bet that's a great feeling.

My build will be sub $750 since the bike was freeeeeeee

I just got the 4.5-18 ANS and it fits with out a problem. Stoked on the look, deff worth the money.

cierrecart said:
Rear is a 5.0-16. It fits fine. The K-70 on the front is a 4.0-18. I'm pretty sure a Firestone ANS 4.5-18 will fit too, just havent had a chance to buy one and test it out.

Loving this build. Don't know how I missed it! MisterOddJob's build has disappeared from the site; he had some really great fabrication shots and details on his build that I wish hadn't gone away.

I'm doing something similar with my GN400. It's an 80, with the gold/aluminum cast wheels. Rather than hunt down spoked wheels I'm going to use the wheels as a platform for the whole build. It's gonna be rad!

Great work; would love to see a video of it being ridden!

-Deek

cierrecart said:
Sure thing man. :)

Here's one on a local canyon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHY78s3ZMG4

Here's one from my very first ride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8TCL5GPlk

Hey Chris,
im working on my own GN400 project but im running into CDI problems. I have 3 of them, all fried :(. i have a cdi and ignition coil on the way from a honda ch250 (Andy from the GN400 forum talked me into it) Im hoping that solves my no spark issue. Your bike has been a big inspiration for me through my build. my last bike was a cb750 and also being 5'7" it was way too big for me. this bike is the perfect size.

cierrecart said:
Tank decals and header pipe baffle:
9F2B7FD2-34C2-4FF7-8635-96A10524B975-1082-000002EB698D16E1.jpg

31B21E40-A52C-4FB5-B258-9611EDA55824-1082-000002EB6C7496C9.jpg
Where did you get the baffle and what size is it? (sorry if you have already answered this question, i looked but i couldnt find it if you had) I have been looking at a few but im not sure if an 8" would be too long for the area we have to work with. let me know please. Thanks Sir.

Dude, I just read this whole thread. Awesome build. Very clean and classy.

Very inspiring. Great work.

8522687809_0e930185c3_o.jpg

Can you show a close up of wrench on the tank? How did you do that? I'm assuming its painted on or an indention of some sort?

Bike looks amazing by the way.

UNCOILED said:
8522687809_0e930185c3_o.jpg

Can you show a close up of wrench on the tank? How did you do that? I'm assuming its painted on or an indention of some sort?

Bike looks amazing by the way.

I think the wrench is a stamp added to the picture from the dude that took the photos, not sure that's actually on the tank. But I could be wrong.

Hey guys, the wrench is just a Biltwell sticker I threw on there.

Unfortunately I can't help you on the cdi front Jordan, but the baffle is 4" long made for 1 1/2 pipes. Got it off ebay, and 4" is the max you can go otherwise it will hit that first bend in the header pipe. Still haven't got around to getting a Firestone for the front.

Back
Top Bottom