Has anyone here used UShip or a similar service?

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
I recently purchased a bike from DTT member and all around rad guy, CharlieT. I had planned on borrowing a truck and heading to his place in MI to grab it this week. Of course, work has other plans for me though. So...

I was thinking about having a shipping service deliver it. If I can find one affordable enough I figure it'll probably be comparable or cheaper than me driving the 700 or so mile round trip anyhow.

So, has anyone used a specific shipper or shipping website? Any recommendations? Anyone to avoid at all costs? I'm getting sent out of town again in 11 days (for two weeks) so I'm in a bit of a rush...

Thanks all,
Mike

My boss told me her husband used Uship to have a boat shipped to their house. It ended up being one of the ladies off that reality shipping show. She had good things to say, but I would think that would have a lot to do with who actually does the trucking. Best of luck on that one!

I've used Uship to ship bikes to me three times now. All three times were good experiences.

I like to find shippers who are picking the bike up to complete a load vs. a dedicated bike shipper. I also took my time to find the right person vs. the first person to place a bid.

XVRacer said:
I've used Uship to ship bikes to me three times now. All three times were good experiences.

I like to find shippers who are picking the bike up to complete a load vs. a dedicated bike shipper. I also took my time to find the right person vs. the first person to place a bid.

Ya... That's my problem. Time is not on my side.

Ah, well a dedicated bike shipper and about $750 should solve the problem.

Sorry but I don't have any recommendations.

I've shipped bikes cross country, and horses cross country and back four times with uShip. Never an issue.

VonYinzer said:
$100 and two cases.

Now we're into the spirit of barter. ;) ;D (can't wait to see where THIS goes)

Brad would probably do it for a box of Trojans, a fresh tube of KY, and throw in 25lbs bacon.

I accepted a bid from a guy on uShip. Pretty good price. Probably less than I'd have spent in gas/food/etc. So... We'll see how this goes.

VonYinzer said:
I accepted a bid from a guy on uShip. Pretty good price. Probably less than I'd have spent in gas/food/etc. So... We'll see how this goes.
Can you say what the quote was? Curious if this is really an option for future bikes.

$200 door to door. Total of about 360 miles, so a little under $.60 a mile. The truck I had access to is a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with a V8 getting about 17 mpg so I would've spent about $130 in gas alone. I also probably could've gotten a less expensive hauler, but time is limited. Steel City Mods vs Rockers is in a couple weeks and I'll likely be back on the road for work after that.

I used uship got my bike from SD to SF for $250 and the guy had an enclosed truck and the service was awesome. Very driver dependent service it seems since trucks are owned by the driver who runs their own business and just use uship as a platform to find customers

Back
Top Bottom