Tifun's New Shop Space

Tifun

Indy
The wife and I bought a new house a month ago and we finally moved in. She has her priorities and I have mine. I started working on the new shop space and over the weekend and felt like sharing it here. It won't compare to a lot of shops I've seen on here recently but it's mine and I'm starting to love the way it's coming together.

Here's a shot for comparison in the yard. It's 16x20 and has its own dedicated 200a service and meter.
6dcb1bc6903244230ee1dc51be8f4406.jpg
b2cfa96d946eafcd744babcd65274f7b.jpg

It had some semi dengy flooring so I came across a buddy who was pulling up some laminate and though hell yeah this could be awesome. So I went to town.
9655dbf7e57c13f1de5c42496cbfd0ca.jpg

Things were looking up. Until the boards wouldn't rejoin. I spent about 5 hours getting 3 rows in before I started breaking the boards out of anger. It was most likely due to swelling. So I scraped the idea of that and started shopping around.

After talking with a few buddies I decided on a flooring. Then it was picking out the color or pattern.

Armstrong VCT

72742742c08efe8632b2b54c5cca35a8.jpg
4cb85f0dff89aea7110b0eb403130ed2.jpg

I decided on the grays.

Once back at the shop I spent yesterday scraping the floors. The old linoleum and glues were a huge pita. I finished up the scraping today and started applying the glue for the VCT.
fe7145524a0e6fca6d7eebb968240349.jpg
4577d629b60647eef682623d13145488.jpg

Mike was an awesome help tonight. We got 120/320 sq ft completed and it looks awesome.
4a58794d1e97664661ec121de5a98c71.jpg

So the building is pretty rad. It has baseboard heat and great lighting. 4 large windows, fully insulated with a large access attic port for storage, French doors and an additional fire door on the opposite end.

It also has AC. Which turned out to not work. I found a floor model at Home Depot and saved myself $50. The hole needed cut bigger as I went with a larger unit. This dude keeps the shop at 68 degrees without even trying. Even in mid 80 degree weather.

33c5965d6a659102a24dd090d2fc8db1.jpg
2dff6dafa05a2eb7a04e4952d235e0a6.jpg

I've also got cable TV installed and a nice leather pull out sofa for the drunkies.

I'll post more as progress pics up. In 3 days I feel pretty accomplished about the direction and can't wait to get in a wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely spot on wrenching space mate ;) you got a great set up and plenty of room to test n run up motors without annoying ya neighbours haha :p can only imagine the high from the glue from the flooring tho no need for too many beers ::) ::) 8) look forward to seeing wot else ya throw in there

Thanks. Tonight is floor night #3. Worth the effort for sure.

Sh1t dude, that's another house IMO.

Looks great.................need a bar and frig.

Good luck with it.......when's "house warming".....? :D

Haha. It's turning out great. The Hoodcats came by last night and we finished up the floor.
https://vimeo.com/136090710

Once we finished the floor we all did laps on the CT70. We have a leader board. Somehow I am the leader of said board. Allegedly.
https://vimeo.com/136090853

I'm going to retrim the floor with new baseboard and 1/4round. After that it's time to start piling in all the fun. I need to run a couple 220v drops but everything should be pretty straight forward. As for the fridge, I've got one already. Along with a leather hide-a-bed sofa love seat for those passing through. Heat/AC/TV/Fridge/Private entrance should make this semi enjoyable.

I was initially going to build a compressor room off the back of the building right out the back door. I think I'm going to to sacrifice some space inside to help keep it climate controlled a little better. I'll be building a storage closet in the corner where the breaker panel is. I want to also keep the shop vac in there and figure out a way to have central vacuuming.

Pappy dropped his Ducati in my yard lol. The neighbors across the street just stared. I waved and they didn't. Guess I'm setting a good first impression :/
0ffc1d3a72a24c7b1b72b865e55726db.jpg

The space is nice. It's actually smaller than my last (3 car garage) however the difference is that there won't be any storage in here. Just a single project, beer and tools haha. Everything else will be stored in the main garage attached to the house.

VERY NICE!!!

If that had a toilet and shower, I would never go in the house. lol

4eyes said:
VERY NICE!!!

If that had a toilet and shower, I would never go in the house. lol

There is a toilet, its just not inside the building.. its pretty much anywhere outside the building you want..

No new progress today. I may have over did myself with the move and jumping right into this project. I'm starting to feel weak and sick. Maybe tomorrow I can get back out there. I need to clean and lay some polish on the flooring. Then I can start loading things in.

JSJamboree said:
There is a toilet, its just not inside the building.. its pretty much anywhere outside the building you want..
Not this boy.

A friend of my neighbor had a few buds over to wrench on bikes, drink some beers. They were pissing in the bushes at the edge of his property, and an ASSHOLE neighbor took a pic and claimed his young daughter had witnessed it.

Dude is in a sex-offender registry, even though he spent everything he had (and then some) fighting it in court.
Everyone has a camera now days, and quite a few folks are assholes.

Sounds like there's more to that story than what they told you.

No new progress today again. Instead I tossed together a quick burn pit and burned shit for roughly 4 hours tonight.
9ac1de6494531a5beea421a6b46d542e.jpg

Here's the floor all finished.
eb24a86f06a4d675f67ad7e352dd81a1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom