Closer to 60 than 59 years old...

ridesolo

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I have sadly realized that I am now closer to 60 than I am 59... and while I still feel pretty good and in my mind I'm no more than 35, the creaky joints and soreness often remind me of the upcoming life milestone.

As we age our minds turn more toward comfort and safety. Hopefully I never get so old that I'm considering building a "salon racer" rather than a "cafe racer" but you never know.

Is this what the "old guy salon racer" would look like?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yep.....I'm turning 59 in a coupla weeks......and I would have never guessed I'd make it this far.........and if I had known, I would have taken better care of this worn out body.......

One thing I did do the other day was go out on the golf course after a four and a half year break and prostate cancer surgery three months ago......and I am feeling great.

Got it all, according to the pathology report. Will find out tomorrow if I have a clean bill of health.

budlite282 said:
Yep.....I'm turning 59 in a coupla weeks......and I would have never guessed I'd make it this far.........and if I had known, I would have taken better care of this worn out body.......

One thing I did do the other day was go out on the golf course after a four and a half year break and prostate cancer surgery three months ago......and I am feeling great.

Got it all, according to the pathology report. Will find out tomorrow if I have a clean bill of health.

Glad to hear you're feeling great! I hope you get excellent news tomorrow.

Just joking about the whole age thing. I figure I'm doing pretty good and seem to be getting better... shedding some weight helped a bunch and have even been able to give up a couple medications. The years I worked for the VA that kind of thing really got my attention. I had guys come in needing walkers, using O2, taking tons of medications and, generally looking ready to be planted and I'd discover they were younger than me! Also had a few guys who came in and were spry as a kid and they were in their 90s. Hope I can be like them!

Yup, I turned 60 back in July. :)

30 was easy. 40, no issues. 50, piece of cake. 55... a walk in the park.

60 just sounds and feels old. :p

However, I'm NOT complaining. ;D I'm in good health and relatively good shape. So... bring on 65! 8)

^^Hey thanks Cory.^^

As with bj up there, hope I'm still riding at 76, you go bj.

And on a KZ1000 at that........cool.

its amazing how life choices/ routines shape people I'm 30 and my uncle is 50 we both just helped a guy he knows move into assited living and the guy was only 50 it was crazy watching him walk around with a cane not able to walk on grass etc....then talk about drinking a 750 of vodka every night for 20 years.....while lighting another cigarette before the other one only had a drag left....

Good luck on the follow-up, Budlite. To paraphrase Sir Issac Walton: God does not take away from those days alloted to man those days spent fishing ( or IMO golfing, riding motorcycles , drinking beer, and having sex.)If that is true I will live to 165. Yee-hah.BJ

hocbj23 said:
Good luck on the follow-up, Budlite. To paraphrase Sir Issac Walton: God does not take away from those days alloted to man those days spent fishing ( or IMO golfing, riding motorcycles , drinking beer, and having sex.)If that is true I will live to 165. Yee-hah.BJ

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH Yeaah....golfing, riding MC's, beer gulping, sex (non)......I won't live as long as you.

But I did all of the above today after prognosis...................

But.......yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh.....good bill of health....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more cancer.........cool..!

budlite282 said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH Yeaah....golfing, riding MC's, beer gulping, sex (non)......I won't live as long as you.

But I did all of the above today after prognosis...................

But.......yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh.....good bill of health....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more cancer.........cool..!

Jack, that is OUTSTANDING NEWS! Congratulations!

So now all I have to worry about, is some broad smacking me in the azz end at 5:30 in the morning.....sitting at a red light......

Back
Top Bottom