Not sure where to post this. JC Whitney out of the motorcycle parts business.

ChopperCharles

The vast majority of motorcycle parts have been removed from JC Whitney's site. All google links to motorcycle parts are broken. Talked to a customer service rep; They have a limited selection of parts left, and when they're gone so is the motorcycle section. They stopped the printed motorcycle magazine earlier this year. I've been buying motorcycle parts from JC Whitney for more than 20 years. Air filters, windshields, crash guards, grips, chrome farkles, you name it. It's always been my go-to for motorcycle parts, and I've always loved pouring over the print magazines. That era has ended. They are concentrating on car and jeep parts now. Any other powersports is also on its way out. The ATV section is suffering the same parts unavailibity, as is the RV section.

Charles.

that and MAG is filing for bankruptcy... the group that owns motorcycle superstore, j&p cycles and a few other big names.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/11/15/1193789/0/en/Motorsport-Aftermarket-Group-Implements-Debt-Recapitalization-Over-300-Million-of-Debt-to-be-Eliminated-Operations-Unaffected-Customer-Services-Continue-Uninterrupted.html

ChopperCharles said:
The vast majority of motorcycle parts have been removed from JC Whitney's site. All google links to motorcycle parts are broken. Talked to a customer service rep; They have a limited selection of parts left, and when they're gone so is the motorcycle section. They stopped the printed motorcycle magazine earlier this year. I've been buying motorcycle parts from JC Whitney for more than 20 years. Air filters, windshields, crash guards, grips, chrome farkles, you name it. It's always been my go-to for motorcycle parts, and I've always loved pouring over the print magazines. That era has ended. They are concentrating on car and jeep parts now. Any other powersports is also on its way out. The ATV section is suffering the same parts unavailibity, as is the RV section.

Charles.

End of an era or at least the beginning of the end, I suspect. That outfit has been around a LONG time either as JC Whitney or Warshawsky. I'm over 60 and I remember my dad getting their catalogs in the mail back before I was even in school. Probably harder and harder for them to compete w/ everything else available out there.

I used to get the catalogs as well.
I've never bought motorbike parts from them though, I didn't even know they had any!

I've bought tons and tons of EMGO oil and air filters over the years. Crash guards and tank bags, chrome trim farkles and tires, levers and tubes, grips and footpegs, windshields and sissy bars, luggage racks and saddlebags, you name it, I've probably bought it for one of the 18 bikes I've had. On my 19th bike now, and I'm sad to say I can't buy any parts from JCW for it. They always had a really excellent selection of windshields, and I was hoping to find one for my brand new SCR950. Alas, I'll have to find another place to buy it.

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom