"the Mooch"

Re: "the Mooch"

carnivorous chicken said:
Just gonna leave this here.
Sure, you can quote me on that. No problem. We can agree to heartily disagree on that matter. And i pray that you dont find yourself living in any of the shithole burbs created here in the past decades.

Attachments

• barr.JPG
    barr.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 573

What do you call a group of immigrants in Sweden?

Artificial Swedeners

...and i’ll show myself the door

Just out of curiosity what happens if the president is convicted of a serious crime?
Does the conviction automatically terminate his presidency?
Can he still pardon himself after being convicted?
What a world

Is obstruction a felony? Technically, a misdemeanor doesn't make you ineligible to hold office.

Here is a good link that describes potential outcomes of the investigation, including if Mueller finds that Trump is guilty of a crime:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/23/us/politics/trump-mueller-russia.html

stroker crazy said:

"We'll just wing it, what could possibly go wrong?"

Trump's meeting with Kim Yong-chol was a coup for North Korea. He's a high level N Korean politician, but not at the top (vice-chair of the Central Committee of the Worker's Party). An American president just recognized and met with someone of much lower status. He should have met with someone like Paul Ryan or Bolton. Trump has no idea what he is doing.

Obama, Bush Jr. or Clinton could have advised him on that.

Oh wait. They couldn't get N. Korea to do anything other than make threats, and have the world throw money at them to shut them up.

Kim's flat broke. They don't have the money to build missiles. They didn't just decide they want to be good guys. Soon as Trump called the meeting off, they sent one of their top guys over to beg to get it back on track.

Interested in seeing the outcome of the first meeting next week. Sounds like it could be the official end of the Korean War.

J-Rod10 said:
Obama, Bush Jr. or Clinton could have advised him on that.

Oh wait. They couldn't get N. Korea to do anything other than make threats, and have the world throw money at them to shut them up.

Kim's flat broke. They don't have the money to build missiles. They didn't just decide they want to be good guys. Soon as Trump called the meeting off, they sent one of their top guys over to beg to get it back on track.

Interested in seeing the outcome of the first meeting next week. Sounds like it could be the official end of the Korean War.

I appreciate your optimism, and I hope you're right. Things may just wind up going well, the Korean War could be declared over, and the commemorative coins Trump made may be taken off of sale and be brought back up to their original selling price.

There were reasons why previous administrations didn't deal with NK: nuclear testing, missile firings over Japan, kidnapping South Koreans and others, assassinations in foreign countries -- the list is long. Act like a rogue state, get treated like a rogue state.

Trump's utter ignorance of statesmanship, protocol and diplomacy, however, aren't made up. He wans Russian back in the G7? That's not a big surprise, but it's alienated all of the US' closest allies (along with all of his other alienating behavior). Trade war with Canada? Bring it on! Again, meeting with Kim Yong-chol was a blunder that most people aren't perceiving -- Trump is legitimizing NK before they've actually done anything to deserve it. Again, I'd like to be optimistic, but no reason to believe Trump won't simply get played again. The way this has played out -- quick announcement, commemorative coin, calls for the Nobel from his base, the cancellation with a crazily worded letter, the announcement that it is back on -- this is all evidence that Trump doesn't understand what he is doing.

But again -- maybe there is room for optimism. We'll have to wait and see. And purchase commemorative coins.

I didn't see it on the news the other day, but NK has destroyed another of their missile testing sites.

NK needs this way more than we do.

It's in China's best interest to back us on this one rather than NK, so that helps.

I did read about Clinton's opportunity to get something done with Kim's father. More or less, he was at the end of his term, and was afraid he'd fail and it'd look bad.

Did see yesterday that US Steel is firing up a second blast furnace. Everybody's wanting to buy the 'Merican made steel right now.

Ordered another batch of 6061 yesterday. All the prices were the same as the last truck load, except one size. One size went from $3.11/ft to $3.12/ft.

If the principle of supply and demand hold true, we should see wages start rising soon.

For the first time, in at least 20 years, there's more open jobs than job seekers. With an especially large bump in skilled manufacturing jobs.

Back
Top Bottom