CM bobber - Been "lurking in the closet" so it's time for the first post

Don't know if the bike is but you may be......

Kinda lame for a first post.

Swagger said:
Don't know if the bike is but you may be......

Kinda lame for a first post.

Haha, are you saying that kind of introduction is not covered in "How to Win Friends and Influence People"? ;)

I'm kinda hoping he's a friend of the OP, since the OP stated he's from Michigan, and that guy's nick is Detroitfist. But maybe I'm a dreamer. Am I the only one?

Either way I'm kinda pissed I missed out on a $200 XS11 in my own backyard :)

For sures im a friend! It's always fun to see who gives a rise from a rude first post. Anyway the pics don't it justice looks incredible when we push him around the parking lot on it.

Whew......that's good to hear after all.
Welcome to the joint, new guy buys the first round....

yes he is a friend......as stated he pushes me around town on the bike. 8) Been busy boys....new pics and updates next week!

dude that is a sick looking ride, like everyone already said the fender is tits and the tank looks great also thanks for the build cant wait to see it done

hey nice bike got same exactly for now softtail, just wondering what thickness of tubing you used i mean inner and outer diameter for hardtail and is it a mild steel ? thanks

hey need some input on my progress i'm trying to do exactly same thing heres my progress :

"7,5 stretch mock up

IMG_20130215_163730-vi.jpg

my passenger peg jig

IMG_20130215_163738-vi.jpg

and my idea is

hardtail-vi.jpg

so i want to cut where is the green line to leave stock bend in place and add a straight rod to the swingarm end that should eliminate the chain rub or in other words i don't have to squeeze the left tube to make the drive chain clear, just cut where the green line is, and join the tube by inserting a piece of metal inside the tubes and welding them together and do the bottom tubes exactly like the author of this thread did originally

i really need an input from the author of this thread as im stuck abit with brake pedal fitting as now the lower rail goes in its way please let me know how did you solve that or anyone knows where to or how to get/do rear drum to disc conversion

Detroitfist said:
For sures im a friend! It's always fun to see who gives a rise from a rude first post. Anyway the pics don't it justice looks incredible when we push him around the parking lot on it.

Do you make the Vroom ..Shift...Vrooom...Shift...Vroooom sounds for him too?... :)

CM400A...

A thought on your brake rod interference....what if you flip the lever on the drum from pointing down to pointing up, and the design your brake pedal to actuate it with a "push" motion vs the original "Pull" motion.

Back
Top Bottom