Honda cb360 pros and cons

I specifically looked for a cb360 over a cb350 because I think that the frame is a lot nice looking, I like how it looks by the carbs vs cb350.
But if you are paining it black, then that isn't that big a deal. On a colored frame it really looks nice.

Plus you can use the pass pegs for rearsets vs. the bolt on or weld on with a cb350.

I love mine, but she is a bitch.

Picture002.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

I had all of the issues above and then some.

I'm looking at a 1975 360 with 7000 miles on the clock. Listed on CL as "runs/drives and excellent condition'. The guys wanting $800 for it. Titled and has current registration. From what I'm reading this price is a bit steep?

What's it look like? I'd pay 800 bucks for a good running and clean not beat up 360, believe me I have seen a lot worse for a lot more. Might ask the guy what the first 2 numbers on the VIN are after the cb360. If starts with a 21 or higher then it got all the recall work for the engine done at the factory. Not that it means much but hey better done there than at some hack job repair shop.

Holey Crap, just looked, it's in Clyde? That's a trip, even for you... :eek: Get some more pictures see what it looks like, If the paint is good, the chrome is clean and not pitted up, good tires, etc. then snap it up.

Yeah that's the one. Thanks for the info on the VIN. If it's still for sell this weekend, I just might be making a road trip. The wife unit is not happy with me, but I think I can make it up with the same amount in new furniture.

My son and I drove to Tulsa to pick up his new/old KTM200. Don't mind the drive for a bargain.

I really need another bike like I need another hole in my head... ::)

TC

Mine are costing at least $600 to get 'on the road' (original purchase, tyres, battery, new title, etc)
Plus they have all needed quite a bit of work
$800 doesn't seem so bad to me.
'Nice' original 360s are advertised around $1200~$2,000, almost makes it worth travellingt a day or two to pick them up cheaper (although with four, I don't need any more just yet)

I know the feeling about bikes, I just got another complete non running CB450 and a pile of parts that turns out, when put together is another mostly complete 450 sans the engine and carbs which I should be able to find with some digging. Neither of which will be running any time soon but I am out of projects so all is good there.

I'd jump on it if it was me, I about bought a 250 rebel that is in Altus for around that price that the guy started to make into a bobber and quit. And then these 450s popped upon CL for $400 and I went and bought them the next day.

That's funny too, my wife decided we needed new dinning room chairs the day after we got the bikes home. :eek: ::)

frogman said:
That's funny too, my wife decided we needed new dinning room chairs the day after we got the bikes home. :eek: ::)

Strangely enough, mine keeps on about the same thing, even though we bough new a couple of years ago.
Also decided she want's a new bedroom set ::)

A decent runner for $800 sounds good to me.
I paid $700 for my 360 that would start then die, the guy kept the battery and never did get the ownership from him.

your wife will get over it, mine did...sorta

Thunderchild said:
I'm looking at a 1975 360 with 7000 miles on the clock. Listed on CL as "runs/drives and excellent condition'. The guys wanting $800 for it. Titled and has current registration. From what I'm reading this price is a bit steep?
Depending on the condition I'd say thats not too bad. I live in So Cal and I bought a 75' CB360 for $400 and the thing doesn't even run.

Well, it ain't happening folks. After many consultations with the CFO (aka, the wife), I'm going to hold off on any new projects for awhile. I really need to get my CL450 finished first.

Thanks for all the input and knowledge on this.

Besides, I got the go ahead for building a shed/shop/garage area. I don't think I'll push my luck anymore at the moment. :-*

TC

Thunderchild said:
Besides, I got the go ahead for building a shed/shop/garage area. I don't think I'll push my luck anymore at the moment. :-*

TC

THIS is just as good as a BIKE any day. ;D

Kanticoy said:
Or better....I'm rather enjoying it....

Yeah, I imagine! Your shop/garage is looking very nice!

Mine won't be that size, but anything is better than what I have now. Like yours, it's going to take some work, but well worth it!

TC

(Sorry for the thread drift... I'll stop posting on this thread)

Kanticoy said:
Or better....I'm rather enjoying it....

I just spent the day cleaning out my 2 car garage just so I can start on my next project, I love finding things I thought I threw away, and drinking beers at noon till dusk.... ;D

Back
Top Bottom