xs 750 "sport"

bradwsm

Been Around the Block
DTT BOTM WINNER
The guy who bought my cb125 a few years back wanted me to do a cafe with his xs750, so i went and looked at it and it was nice, dusty and not washed for a longe time, so i agreed. he delivered it to me today, so first thing as always was to clean the crap out of it and under the dust was a near mint 3900 mile xs! All compleat, tool kit and storage bin under seat, one or two light little paint touch up done prob in 1985! so i cant chop this thing up. Instead we will call it a Sport addition. I want to make it look as if it were a special factory model, clipons, painting here and there, and a sort of period looking solo seat, remove the rear fender and refridgerator sized tail light.
here she is

107_0181 by bradwsm, on Flickr

107_0184 by bradwsm, on Flickr

Good to hear you're not going to chop this to pieces! These are getting harder and harder to find and one with only 3900 on it would be a real beauty.

These are great bikes and look good when they are cleaned up- minimizing the appendages and improving the rideability/performance. Great call on saving it. Suggets you put it on the triples site, some really good sharing over there too.

http://www.yamaha-triples.org/portal.asp

I'm watching...

Not much to see really, just minimal standard stuff, to preserve it the best I could I kept it really simple. Removed the rear fender and built a small rear fender for the licence plate and turn signals, relocated the tail light under the the rear tail. One of the only mods I made was cutting down the headlight legs to accommodate clipons below the upper triples. Also lowered the gauges and trimmed the front fender because it had a dent in it. Some dcc fork belows and that's it. Could be returned to factory in 15 mins.

107_0223 by bradwsm, on Flickr

107_0221 by bradwsm, on Flickr

107_0222 by bradwsm, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom