What to do with an RS 50

mortonc

My 2008 RS 50 has been sitting in the garage for a while now so I decided it was time to get her MOT back.

Took her down to the garage and they reckon it's gonna cost £500 to sort it all out. Most of that on labour...

So now I'm stuck with an unbelievably fun RS 50 that I can't do anything with.

So what shall I do with it all, any ideas?

I've seen some people using parts - like Sandrews xr 400 using rs 125 forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3ypy6eha.jpg

5ugeryzu.jpg

£500 to repair and it's barely worth that so I'm not gonna risk it, not worth the hassle

But if I could do something cool with it then it might be worth my time

if you can't repair it yourself what makes you think you can do something cool with it ?
we don't have those in the states looks like a ton o fun

Got to begin somewhere :)

I could probably do most of the fixing myself but I just don't know that it's worth it.

So did they give you a list of what needs fixing? I'd be guessing disc pads, steering bearings, maybe fork seals?

If 500 quid is there total cost, I'd guess there's only 100 in parts.....get a manual for 20 and there's your learning curve right there.

Leaking tank, leaking tap, disc pads and some lights.

Though when I spoke to them the first time his list went on and on including things like the rear wheel not aligned but for some reason that wasn't included in the end...

I think you're right!

Sounds like simple stuff - leaking fuel is probably just an o-ring, gasket and some fuel hose. Brake pads are pretty simple to replace....light bulbs too.

Not sure what he would mean about the rear wheel alignment - but if the bike hasn't been crashed, then it's just a matter of adjusting the rear axle.

You could do all that yourself for about 50 quid ;)

Back
Top Bottom