Post a pic of your latest purchase

I had a little GZ250 that just wouldn’t move on sale, so finally a guy offered to trade me a boat. He wanted a little bobber to teach his kid to ride with, and the GZ fit the bill. So behold, a little 2018 10ft Alumacraft Jon boat with a Minn Kota Edge trolling motor, 2 hp Suzuki DT engine and a hummingbird PiranhaMax 4 fish finder plus the trailer. Dollar for dollar, the money is close, but I needed a little flat bottom boat for the swamps and oxbow lakes along the Savannah river and the river itself. This will work out nicely.

3e0a9feee1e7d600dc2b388abcec68ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irk miller said:
I had a little GZ250 that just wouldn’t move on sale, so finally a guy offered to trade me a boat. He wanted a little bobber to teach his kid to ride with, and the GZ fit the bill. So behold, a little 2018 10ft Alumacraft Jon boat with a Minn Kota Edge trolling motor, 2 hp Suzuki DT engine and a hummingbird PiranhaMax 4 fish finder plus the trailer. Dollar for dollar, the money is close, but I needed a little flat bottom boat for the swamps and oxbow lakes along the Savannah river and the river itself. This will work out nicely.

Nice, I'd say you came out ahead there honestly.

irk miller said:

Irk I just sold my 22'skeeter bay boat and will probably replace it with something like this! Perfect boat for the swamp man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

I bought brackets to put the XS engine on my engine stand. I could have made something, but buying was easier, faster and probably cost about the same.

Attachments

• 20190830_160157_HDR.jpg
    20190830_160157_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 182
Rat_ranger said:
I bought brackets to put the XS engine on my engine stand. I could have made something, but buying was easier, faster and probably cost about the same.

From where?

No problem.

Well hopefully we get some good weather soon. I need to start moving all the storage from my garage into the shipping container I picked up.

Attachments

• 20190915_164608_HDR.jpg
    20190915_164608_HDR.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 176
Rat_ranger said:
I got and installed a front/rear dash cam on the tiger. Due to space the recorder is under the seat, the rear cam is over the tail light and the front cam is hiding behind the windshield.

How do you like this set up so far? Got a link as to where you got it?

Here's where I got the cam https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-quot-1080P-HD-Dual-Camera-Motorcycle-DVR-Dash-Cam-Driving-Recorder-G-sensor-IP67-/401803338114?txnId=800593823027 . I haven't pulled the memory card out to see how the video looks yet. I'll try to do that tomorrow and let you know.

More ultralight stuff...

414296345.jpg

In the bed of the truck is enough parts to build a trike frame, plus an engine. Just need some wing sails and a propeller!

Rat_ranger said:
No problem.

Well hopefully we get some good weather soon. I need to start moving all the storage from my garage into the shipping container I picked up.

Man, I need one of these.

Rat_ranger said:
Here's where I got the cam https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-quot-1080P-HD-Dual-Camera-Motorcycle-DVR-Dash-Cam-Driving-Recorder-G-sensor-IP67-/401803338114?txnId=800593823027 . I haven't pulled the memory card out to see how the video looks yet. I'll try to do that tomorrow and let you know.

It will be interesting to see the video quality. I keep thinking that a dual rear facing cam with screen would be better than mirrors.

I put a backup camera on my GL1800 last year so I can see the little Uni-go trailer. It stays hidden behind the trunk and although it is still a pain, the camera lets me know where it is when backing. Beware that a lot of them are very wide-angle, and nothing is really visible until 10 ft or so. I think mine is like 110 degrees, and that is too much except for backing the trailer. Traffic behind me is already way too close once I can see them well in the monitor. Mine doesn't record, but that's not what I got it for. Really wish it was not so wide angle. The wife's arms block most all traffic to the rear in the mirrors.

Back
Top Bottom