**Lets see the Leathers....**

Deadly and Smashing. Two words you don't want to hear associated with motorcycles ;)

l_25de2d3b068061f41970dc9ad3e37e07.jpg

l_0326299a5b54464ff3f56e60c6ed58bb.jpg

I think I just landed the deal of the century!!
I just got my latest feebay purchase in the mail the other day!! Its a mid 90s Schott Perfecto model 118. Lightly used and just barely broke in. Those of you who know what these jackets are and the history behind this company,know these jackets aren't cheap. This is a holy grail of sorts for me, Ive have always wanted a jacket that would outlast me and Schott seemed to fit the bill, but could never pull the trigger with what they cost. I have had several cheaper versions of this style jacket (even the old Dur-o-Jac line from Schott) and only got a few years out of them. I also wanted a jacket that I could build a history in and then pass it on to my daughter,as my Dad passed his leathers on to me.(a 60s era Buco).
So,that said,I landed this baby for 80 bucks!! I'm so excited over this I just had to tell someone!! (my wife will have the opportunity to roll her eyes at me later )

This was my Dads old jacket. Damn I wish it fit me,fits like a 38. Im a 42.
Dig the old patches. He also gave me a NOS wing patch like is on the sleeve,that will find its way onto my jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_2635.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,324
You bet Dr.J!! That baby is going nowhere. It hangs on a wall for now. Id like to make a shadow box frame thingy to put it in with pics of my Dad on his Hondas. I have no idea whats its worth put it priceless to me. Ive had people offer some very good money (probably no were near what its monetary worth is) but no way in hell is it being sold.

The jacket is a MARS. Australian made. No idea how old. Not sure what the pants are but they are good quality and pretty old as well.

a3-1.jpg

Seen alot of interesting leather online but I have no idea how the sizing works. US vs EURO vs UK

In what range is a LARGE? 50? 44?

New to me Dainese jacket. I have the matching zippered pants to make it a full race suit as well, just forgot to get a pic.

P1170503.jpg

P1170504.jpg

Anyone have any idea what model suit this is, or how old it may be? It was given to me by a friend, who got it used from another rider.

Well I got a few patches lined up that Im going to sew onto the leather, Some Ive had,some came from ebay,and thanks to Tim,I got my DTT patch in the mail the other day. I also found some stars on ebay so I turned my Schott Perfecto 118 into a "one star"

Was fooling around on eBay the other day , pretty much broke after Christmas, and bid $5.60 on this Drospo Falcon...... holy shit..... I won it for $5.60....

Attachments

• FALCON DROSPO JACKET......002.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 1,331
  • FALCON DROSPO JACKET......003.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 1,321
dewjantim said:
Was fooling around on eBay the other day , pretty much broke after Christmas, and bid $5.60 on this Drospo Falcon...... holy shit..... I won it for $5.60....

yeah.. what a steal!!.. Drospo out of Montreal used to make, in my opinion, some of the best quality vintage racing jackets..
I have this one that Im selling on ebay:

http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=220551066768

IMG_2537.jpg

Yours is much nicer than mine. I had to redye the white parts on mine and it still doesn't look that good :'( :'(. But.... still not bad for $5.00....... ;).

And the patch work begins

Attachments

• IMG_2797.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 435
Back
Top Bottom