cb550 carbs

Why the T%^# Would you want that? you could remove 2 big-ends and pistons, but that would defy the purpose of having a 550 right.

Nhee just joking.. Only thing i can come up with is machine the intakes so they will accomodate to cilinder ports, but only one carb. (T-shaped).
But again, why? You would need bigger carbs, needles, and a shitload of spare time, whilst the result will be nowhere as good as 4 carbs in 99% of the cases. If it would heve been better, Honda would have done it don't ya think?

well i broke the carb mount plate and when i built my frame i didnt think about the 2 center carbs and no go for airfilters. plus i would rather tune 2 carbs and not 4. i been lookin into a set of 32mm mikunis. but i dont know if maybe 30s would be better

I know they do. Im makin my own manifolds out of copper. I just need to know the better sized carb. Like a 30 or 32

well, couldn't you do some math on that? When you know the original size for the 750, and the one on the kit, and the ones on stock 550, you could theoraticly find the right diameter for the 550. My guess is that the 750 dual carbs would make het go as well though... to bad the intakes don't fit huh!

and on the copper thingy.. i would really really really suggest making them one-piece. They will vibrate to much to make em out of copper and solder. Solder would melt too!

Post a picture of your broken plate and pm me so i remember to look i may be able to fix it for ya

The plates not fixable. Snapped where the rod goes through, broke bronze bushing and opposite whole ear. Fell off shelf while hammering on the work bench. When i was gonna run a weber sidedraft my math says 28 venturis on a 40mm carb. So im leaning towards towards dual 32s dulled down a bit and work my way up

The plates not fixable. Snapped where the rod goes through, broke bronze bushing and opposite whole ear. Fell off shelf while hammering on the work bench. When i was gonna run a weber sidedraft my math says 28 venturis on a 40mm carb. So im leaning towards towards dual 32s dulled down a bit and work my way up. Also would be brazing the copper. I have looked into it and all plumbers and others i talk to say if i braze and not solder, it'll be more than fine. Maybe run a brace under where the carb mounts to be safe

Copper looks cool but it work hardens and will probably crack in that application. Carb size should be only slightly larger than single carb. The hardest thing to do is to get even mixture to both pots on a siamesed manifold.

i figure it will crack. so i would brace to help prolong that. after some research and running #s ima use vm30's. i was originally gonna just t to each cylinder. but gonna y it instead for better flow and better cylinder separation.

Back
Top Bottom