Six-speed CL100?

Dammit matt that perfectly and correctly answers his question. How am I supposed to confuse these people with you running around posting good info? Sheesh.

Sorry... it's a bad habit I need to work on... lol

Lessons tend to stick a bit better when they're won hard and painfully.

Sonreir said:
The transmission from an SL125 will swap in.

5th gear ratio for that bike is .815 which is taller than your current setup and 1st gear is 2.769, which is shorter.

Thanks very much for sharing that!

iatethepeach said:
Thanks for pointing this out. Compression is 130 psi. I haven't adjusted the tappets- I don't know what change to expect on a motor with only 5K miles, but I suppose I should do that first, then test compression again. Do all other options involve removing the head?

I'll try this but I may wait until after I get the basics sorted out- thanks.

ok, 130 is beyond incredibly pathetic . . i haven't looked but those might have had fairly low compression from the beginning, but irregardless, if it were be, i would definitely bump it up, however, if you going incredibly slow in first gear like doing rack crawling then the higher compression would actually be a little of a deficit if you are a beginner type rider, otherwise, get a high compression piston in it and it will make a very noticeable difference . . obviously the wide ratio trans will also and as it is, you can run 87 octane but f you bump the compression up, you will need 91.

no pain, no gain.

Also, if you have a spark arrestor and don't need it in your off road areas etc, you wuill gain a bit more upper end power and rpm if you remove it . . of course a straight thru "silencer" will also help but tose are a little noisy

hey DOHC, did ya notice how I said "irregardless" instead of "regardless"?

oh...and i might have used to many words for mielke.

iatethepeach said:
I'm not hoping to drag race Justin Beiber with it.

Do you mean this kind of drag?

drag_queen_makeup.jpg

iatethepeach said:
A six-speed (or wider-ratio five) would allow for a lower 1st without affecting the top-gear ratio. Or a taller top-gear without lowering 1st. Or a lower first and a taller top-gear. The penalty of extra shifts is OK by me.

you said you wanted a "taller" 5th gear so the only way the final drive ratio would be the same with a taller 5th gear is if you installed numerically lower drive gears [chain and sprockets] . . you could certainly do this but it will kinda fall on its face a little more when you accelerate between the distance between gears will be farther so if you drag race it now from a stop, it will accelerate slightly SLOWER . . as long as all of that is ok with you than it will be fine.

DohcBikes said:
Play with the timing too much on this engine and it WILL make you pay. Set it to factory and accept your 5hp.

i wasn't meaning to change it by very much but i haven't looked to see what the total is anyway or when it reaches max timing.

if he ups the compression from stock then he probably wouldn't need to mess with the timing anyway other than just to make sure it is in spec.

now thanks to you im gonna half to look it up to see what it is god damn it.

DohcBikes said:
accept your 5hp.

Do NOT accept your measly 5 horsepower . . I can get you at least 12 with your current compression.

barnett468 said:
Do NOT accept your measly 5 horsepower . . I can get you at least 12 with your current compression.

Ha ha, that'd be pretty sweet. Right now the power output is just fine, whatever it is, but it'd be fun to play around with.

iatethepeach said:
Ha ha, that'd be pretty sweet. Right now the power output is just fine, whatever it is, but it'd be fun to play around with.

...............................ok, here ya go!

7aef_1.JPG

NO WARRANTEES OR GUARANTEES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED

Back
Top Bottom