1981 cb750 exhaust

Jack.92

Hi there just wondering what your thoughts are on cutting the stock exhaust right before the muffler and inserting 4, inch and a half baffles in . Will it be too loud still? Will it run terrible being less back pressure? Thanks

Not sure it it will work. That is a double walled exhaust. Does anyone know the dimensions of the inner pipe?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

The only reason you are asking is because you think it will look cool.

Exhaust is not a fashion accessory. It is a complicated apparatus that compliments and helps determine the performance characteristics of a motorcycle. When you chop it off and ruin it, it not only looks stupid, but it loses performance unless you really know what you are doing. You don't.

The reason hacked exhaust look stupid to those in the know is because functional is beautiful, so when you take away the function, you take away the beauty.

81 cb750 is very picky about its tuning. Keep your grubby hands in your pockets unless you know what you're doing, otherwise you'll end up with a valueless garage ornament.

If you want a good looking exhaust, put away the saw, save up some money, and buy one.

Or because he doesn't want to buy a full system and doesn't know better, hence asking questions.

OP, it will most likely still be REALLY loud, and it will most likely run pretty poorly. Ideally you want a system pretty close to stock length. Best bang for buck is to stick with stock, but a 4-1 would be best

DohcBikes said:
The only reason you are asking is because you think it will look cool.

Maybe you should get an education about his reasoning and intentions before pointing fingers. It's his first post for shit's sake, give him a break

Do you have children? Go tell them what to do.

If the guy isn't a complete beatch he will be able to handle a little criticism. His first post was, "should i hack my exhaust off"? I responded exactly the way I would respond in person, Mr. Sensitivity.

My post was longer than one line.

I don't have any children, just people like you on forums who act like them. Grow the fuck up.

Just trolling you a little, you come off as a prick sometimes and I don't like to see new guys get run off. Buy ya a beer if you're ever in Dallas

coyote13 said:
Just trolling you a little, you come off as a prick sometimes and I don't like to see new guys get run off. Buy ya a beer if you're ever in Dallas
I AM a prick sometimes. I'm pretty damn sure everybody is. Bound to meet a few rough characters in the biker community, might as well get em used to it.

Surely you don't want to see a 3 page thread discussing the best way to hack/rig an exhaust do ya? If everyone treads lightly, that's what will happen. But the only really GOOD answer for an amateur is to not modify the stock exhaust, end of story. Especially on that bike. If my post was harsh enough to drive the point home hard and fast, then hell yeah, I'll do it again. The posts arent just for the O.P.'s, they are for anyone about to ruin a good bike by cutting off their exhaust because they think 6 lbs will get it to wheelie, or loud pipes are the bees knees, or damn but it looks soooo cool.

And the rants, they are always about the MOST BASIC stuff. Dont chop your pipes short unless you have REAL tuning skill. Dont build a bike that slams the rear hoop onto the rear tire when it hits a bump, dont use 1929 Model A tires on your "high performance" motorcycle. Don't pull engines apart for funnsies. Use a fender where a fender was intended. Stuff like that deserves to be ridiculed, because it is spreading like a plague in the "biker" community, and it must be stopped. If you think these hipsters cant run through and scrap all the vintage bikes out because they made soooo many of them, you are wrong. There are lots of hipsters.

Thanks for hangin in there coyote, it actually let me explain why I do this sometimes, and why it will happen again. It's for the kids. ;D

The beer will be accepted and the gesture returned as many times as neccessary :D

I guess I should have explained the situation a little better. The cut exhaust was temporary untill I can afford a 4 into 1 . I would never think of cutting my exhuast if it was in decent shape but it's not, hence the temporary modification till I buy a performance exhaust . I guess I'll keep my "grubby hipster hands in my pockets " till I buy a proper exhuast

DohcBikes said:
Bound to meet a few rough characters in the biker community, might as well get em used to it.
That's the best line on the net.

So, ya wanna cut your pipes off TARD?

smiley-laughing025.gif

Back
Top Bottom