1969 camshaft swap.

Cbone

Hey guys can anyone tell me what all needs to be changed when putting a 1969 cb350 camshaft into at 1973 cb350. I am asking because I bought at engine today with the intention of using it as a parts motor. When I went to pick it up and told him I was thinking of using it as a parts engine he mentioned that I might want to just do the work to get it running. He was building the engine for his flat track race bike and put the 69 cam in to get a little extra power but he said he couldn't get the values to seat right and thought it might be because he used the 73 cam lifters? It does sound like he did a lot of work on the rebuild so I think it is worth looking into. Either way it will need to get pulled apart and cleaned up because it has been sitting under a tarp for a few years.

deviant said:
I don't know if this is your engine, but here is a discussion on this very swap... http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=19287

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Intresting this is the exact same issue but I dont think it is the same motor because I live in Vancouver canada and that poster is from salt lake.

I will have to do a little more research but I feel like this might be a bit of a rabbit hole.

the price was right so it will be a win either way.

Sounds like you need the cam, rockers, and rocker shafts.
I believe the sprockets, valves, and heads are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a fat cam, you need the right rocker arms, and the camshaft sprocket. The late rocker arms will NOT adjust properly for clearance and the late camshaft sprocket will NOT fit the inner diameter of the fat cam. The rocker shafts will swap from early to late. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom