Another T500

This ought to be heavy enough ;)
bab738ee8e3e9e4e4c5f965c4e93342e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sonreir said:
As long as the switch is rated for the current, it won't be a problem. It's how most manufacturers do it.

If you have two ignition coils, each at five Ohms, we're looking at 3A per coil, 6A total.

The other option is to use a really small switch and a relay, but that starts getting a bit more complicated.

Much better idea. If you ground the points the fuse will blow. You have to interrupt power to the points or to the coils. Try to cut into the orange from the main switch to the coils and insert a relay in the circuit along with a simple switch. You could also look for a GT750 72-72 right switch and throttle housing but they have a button for the starter which you don't need. Maybe just a cheap pit bike kill switch.

teazer said:
Much better idea. If you ground the points the fuse will blow. You have to interrupt power to the points or to the coils. Try to cut into the orange from the main switch to the coils and insert a relay in the circuit along with a simple switch. You could also look for a GT750 72-72 right switch and throttle housing but they have a button for the starter which you don't need. Maybe just a cheap pit bike kill switch.

Thanks
I think i’ll set up a relay inline with the main fuse and look for a decent looking kill switch.
I don’t mind the pit bike KS on something more modified, but it will look out of place on this bike.

Not sure on the oil banjo bolts on the T but I know my old TS had a check valve in the oiler banjos. Just something to consider.

Brodie said:
Not sure on the oil banjo bolts on the T but I know my old TS had a check valve in the oiler banjos. Just something to consider.

That is correct, although i wonder of the importance of having the check valve in the banjo vs an inch away in the oil line.

Back
Top Bottom