80.8 KB · Views: 645
  • 9-22-13.jpg
    9-22-13.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 400
  • 9-22-13-blade.jpg
    9-22-13-blade.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 603
axeugene27 said:
i think your stuff is looking really cool. Next step is talking someone into letting you do their bike right? I'd like to have my helmet done what's the worst that could happen just strip it off.

Thanks.
If it doesn't turn out good, and it is still wet. Simply wipe it off with laquer thinner. Then start over agin.

youre getting really good at this, these pieces that you have done have turned out great

Hoosier Daddy said:
I see Batman... Eyes squinted from the pain of his head being on fire.

index.php

I see an owl, "ONE, TWO, THREEEEEEEE licks to the center of a tootsie pop!" I like your pin stripes man. Even though I'm not a pin strip kind of fella. I'm more on the lines of Ornamental Conifer's art stuff.

Thanks for the input fellas!! I am having allot of fun doing this! I need to get a some different colors to mix it up a little!

I thought it looked like an Owl as well.

hey man, this thread started less than a month and a half ago, and your work has improved significantly in that short time! one tip i could give would be to not practice on glass. i read that and heard from many different sources that you will never stripe on anything that's the same texture of glass (unless you're planning on doing storefront window lettering), so it's not a very accurate practice media. i switched to practicing on a piece of aluminum plate, and my lines looked a lot better for it. the brush didn't wash out in the curves like it did on glass and the paint just seemed to lay out better in general. i see you've moved on to painting on many different surfaces, but just thought i'd encourage you to give up on glass altogether. do what works best for you in the end, though!

7aliveatlast7 said:
hey man, this thread started less than a month and a half ago, and your work has improved significantly in that short time! one tip i could give would be to not practice on glass. i read that and heard from many different sources that you will never stripe on anything that's the same texture of glass (unless you're planning on doing storefront window lettering), so it's not a very accurate practice media. i switched to practicing on a piece of aluminum plate, and my lines looked a lot better for it. the brush didn't wash out in the curves like it did on glass and the paint just seemed to lay out better in general. i see you've moved on to painting on many different surfaces, but just thought i'd encourage you to give up on glass altogether. do what works best for you in the end, though!

Thank you.

Funny, I actually heard the opposite. Since glass is harder to stripe on, it makes striping on other things (i.e. painted surfaces) easier to stripe since the brush doesn't want to slide out. So the theory is that is you can stripe good on glass everything else is easy!

Never thought of it that way! I'd almost be afraid of forming poor habits while trying to compensate for the problems glass presents, then applying them on other surfaces and havin new problems. Not sure if that'd be the case, but obviously whatever you're doing is working for you! Keep it up, can't wait to see more! I haven't striped in a while, you got me itching to do it again.

Some recent items i've striped.

Attachments

• 4-12-14.png
    4-12-14.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 564
  • WELDING HELMENT-01.png
    WELDING HELMENT-01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 577
  • WELDING HELMENT-02.png
    WELDING HELMENT-02.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 575
  • WELDING HELMENT-03.png
    WELDING HELMENT-03.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 439
  • WELDING HELMENT-04.png
    WELDING HELMENT-04.png
    1 MB · Views: 430
haircuttergirl said:
Your work is looking really great. Much more lighthanded and fluid. :)
Thank you!! It is gettng slightly easier! The welding helment was a bit of a challenge! But in a good way!

Back
Top Bottom