Title and Bill of Sale etc, but past 30 day deadline

Hey guys,

I bought a cl360 from a friend last summer but was super busy and never had a chance to register it. I'm now across the country in a different state than I originally bought it and I want to register it now. I'll probably head to the DMV on Monday but I wanted to know if any of you had insight as to whether the delay will be a problem. I'm in Nevada and bought it in NY.

Thanks

No idea how it is in Nevada but in Michigan I recently transferred an Ohio title that had been signed over 40+ years ago and no one raised an eyebrow...

Awesome, glad to hear. I didn't really understand what everyone was talking about when they kept mentioning some 30 day time limit for registration. Seemed like a stupid concept to begin with and I couldn't really find any information about it. Maybe it applies to new vehicles.

Thanks for the reply.

tonguepressedatteeth said:
Awesome, glad to hear. I didn't really understand what everyone was talking about when they kept mentioning some 30 day time limit for registration. Seemed like a stupid concept to begin with and I couldn't really find any information about it. Maybe it applies to new vehicles.

Thanks for the reply.

Well.. I'm pretty sure there is a time limit. And I'm pretty sure I had to pay a fine, but it wasn't enough to get wound up about. What I meant was, no on cared how ong it had been as long as they got their money. It varies state to state anyway though so what happens in Michigan has nothing to do with what happens anywhere else. We don't even have inspections when transferring titles, I've transfered the title to an engine before. In fact that was the Ohio title I was talking about.

In Ohio, the past 30 day fine is $5. Not sure what it is out there, but I wouldn't get to worked up about it. I'm guessing it would be minimal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom