76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: 76 CB360, Functional Front Fender/ Hack Job Rear.

nope, from here on out its simply maintenance items.
and besides, now I have Rachels 100. ;)

Looks like finished work from here... nice place for a photo also. Very nice ride!

trek97 said:
nope, from here on out its simply maintenance items.
and besides, now I have Rachels 100. ;)
We'll see. Anything but "simply maintenance items" and you're buying beer at next year's Thaw. ;)

Re: 76 CB360, For the love of god!

Tune-A-Fish said:
Looks like finished work from here... nice place for a photo also. Very nice ride!

Thanks Tune-a

The pic dont do that little area justice. Its just one of a million scenic spots down in Kentucky.

bottom center of pic is my bike and gregs HD springer. Those rock walls are big.

11494-200515041819-10311947.jpeg

Walk about 10 feet and it opens up to this...Kentucky IS a Bob Ross painting come to life.

11494-200515041819-1033379.jpeg

Isn't it awesome... Here in Tennessee we have a lot of places like that also, just wish they were a little closer.

With all black shocks at a quick glance it could look like something from the 1930's 8) 8) 8) (really cool )
Oh, and it's never done ;D

thanks guys, I got the $17 one piece front fender tag from India. Seems way too heavy, for a bike that gets ridden. It will look good as a wall hanger! ::)

So, I ordered a pair of vintage tag "clips" from U.K. Made by BSA maybe? So just gonna cut a sheet aluminum tag to fit. 8)

So, other than...NOS left control, LED headlamp from Sparckmoto, custom triple top from Mr. E, NOS pistons and rings, maybe new paint color (low gloss, Satin antique Red) for: fenders/boxes/tank w new badges, continuing carb work to get K&Ns back on her.

Shes done. You know "just routine maintenance 360 stuff" ;D

Now just think how easy it will be doing the next one... you do know a next one IS going to happen, it's really not anything you have control over.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Now just think how easy it will be doing the next one... you do know a next one IS going to happen, it's really not anything you have control over.

Nope! Never gonna happen! ;)

11494-090515204513-9852222.jpeg

Re: Re: 76 CB360, For the love of god!

JustinLonghorn said:
I was surprised by how quiet the scoot was, man!
That's just because your hearing was dulled by the sound of mine.

I didnt know it til today, but I think this is the dream I had all along.

11494-240515122959.jpeg

Girders are stronger than tele forks and can have better handling charicteristics
With a modern spring and damper you could have an even better handling bike (it worked for the Britten with carbon fiber 'girders' 8) )

alas if it was better they would be at least trying them in racing ,but britten was the only recent succes,and his bike may have even perfomed better with properly tuned ohlins forks or the like we will never know :-[
the fact is a modern set of tellies are superior mainly because of the backing of ohlins etc and the wealth of tuning knowledge and they seem to give a rider the type of feel that they want

It's more likely marketing and refusal to change is what's keeping telescopic forks going

Re: Re: 76 CB360, For the love of god!

That's probably a part of it but I'd also speculate that cost is a factor as well. To make a tortionally rigid set of girder forks with no slop in the system and adequate range of movement isn't a simple task.

Google Girdraulic and Brampton and Hossak and Paralever and DuoLever and Earles and Diazio and ELF HONDA and GTS Yamaha and Bimota Tesi- Veyrus for ideas and inspiration.

Sorry to get "off topic" guys.

But, I finally found a GOOD use for my POS work phone. Perfect fit to prop tank for carb work. Allows max working height without having to remove the stinking crossover tube from tank.

11494-250515075003.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom