SEPTEMBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just found out my bike was nominated. Kind of embarrassed - it's a project that isn't nearly finished yet. I nickeled and dimed it to build something I'd want to ride. I still have a lot of work to do to it. Thanks for the consideration though - I just hope this doesn't exclude me from nomination when it's finished. The silly thing doesn't even have paint yet! Here are some obligatory build pictures of my ground-up build done entirely myself with the oversight of a few friends:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2857/dscn0002q.jpg[img]
[img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3322/dscn0090ij.jpg
dscn0171a.jpg

dscn0208yg.jpg

dscn0252i.jpg

dscn0571i.jpg

dscn0575jw.jpg

i2ll.jpg

WeberKid said:
I just found out my bike was nominated. Kind of embarrassed - it's a project that isn't nearly finished yet. I nickeled and dimed it to build something I'd want to ride. I still have a lot of work to do to it. Thanks for the consideration though - I just hope this doesn't exclude me from nomination when it's finished. The silly thing doesn't even have paint yet! Here are some obligatory build pictures of my ground-up build done entirely myself with the oversight of a few friends
Dude, I wouldnt change a thing...I think youre finished. Trinda got nominated. So, apparently Im not alone in this thinking.

I thought it was done too! No matter - bikes can be nominated again in the future.

trek97 said:
Dude, I wouldnt change a thing...I think youre finished. Trinda got nominated. So, apparently Im not alone in this thinking.

thank you for the kind words, but I actually still have a lot to do. I'm going to build spoked wheels, get real paint on the tins and tank, make my own cafe seatpan to better fit against the tank and have it reupholstered in leather by truckalope jay (who does all the choppahead seats (check em out: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.397526477035791.1073741827.137867043001737&type=3), and fix up my top-end so it doesn't leak so much oil.

Tim said:
I thought it was done too! No matter - bikes can be nominated again in the future.

good to know. I still have a long way to go with it.

VonYinzer said:
Hell... You have pics of the motor apart. Winner already.

Thanks! every nut turned my my own two hands (which is why it leaks so bad)

WeberKid said:
thank you for the kind words, but I actually still have a lot to do. I'm going to build spoked wheels, get real paint on the tins and tank, make my own cafe seatpan to better fit against the tank and have it reupholstered in leather by truckalope jay (who does all the choppahead seats (check em out: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.397526477035791.1073741827.137867043001737&type=3), and fix up my top-end so it doesn't leak so much oil.

good to know. I still have a long way to go with it.

Thanks! every nut turned my my own two hands (which is why it leaks so bad)

Haha I blamed the gasket kit

SpeedBump said:
Haha I blamed the gasket kit

no, I'm pretty sure in my case it was my doing. I had to re-set my pushrods and re-torque my head and neglected replacing the head gasket, all my rubber seals got ruined with a million adjustments, and i've taken every cover off on more than one occasion - the tranny cover came off 4 times! noob mistakes time and time again.

Honda rules again!! ;D

Well done Speed Bump!! Beauty build. Well deserved. 8)

(Love the seat! :) )

congrats to SpeedBump! well deserved - glad to be nominated this month - if only to find the solution to my quandary of what to use for a front hub later on down the road. Kudos!

Thanks, everybody. It's an honor to be nominated, and selected among these great bikes and bike enthusiasts. Thanks for all the replies and interest on the build thread; it keeps me posting.

Weberkid, I dig the stickers on Trinda.

bradj said:
Something about a turtle and a rabbit comes to mind
Another Honda win!...your daughter has excellent taste in sticker placement ;) and you have a big heart...the rivalry continues... congrats to all... the tortoise always wins LOL...ya know brad the bed time stories aren't for the kids they are for the parents lol

Back
Top Bottom