Rear set, levers and pegs. $90

DrJ said:
If they were adjustable, I highly doubt they would still be $90. Truthfully, these are the best small-run production rearsets I've seen in terms of design vs. price.

Ok..? The good Dr has spoken.....They were just questions. I have found that with no adjustability, a rear-set is usually bike/model specific. I have made plenty of sets. And they have all been fixed levers. But like stated, were all built for a specific bike or model. It's a common feature to be able to pivot the lever in order to achieve proper lever angles, and a comfy toe angle.

Thanks for answering my questions Durgam_k. Rearsets look nice!

Swapmeet Louie said:
Ok..? The good Dr has spoken.....They were just questions. I have found that with no adjustability, a rear-set is usually bike/model specific. I have made plenty of sets. And they have all been fixed levers. But like stated, were all built for a specific bike or model. It's a common feature to be able to pivot the lever in order to achieve proper lever angles, and a comfy toe angle.

Thanks for answering my questions Durgam_k. Rearsets look nice!

All true Louie. Luckily for me he made them for his XS650 which is exactly what I'll be putting them on. ;)

Louie has much truth to his statement. I have found that the linkage setup gives (usually) enough adjustment to get the desired feel. Thank for the compliments.

The fact that the arms are offset makes these a cut above others. I always look for this feature when considering rearsets. Offset levers reduce or eliminate "toe in" during use making them more comfortable since your ankles remain straight. Also, the arms are nice and thick, I'm guessing at least 3/8" or 1/2" and not the usual 1/4" more commonly used. Durgam, how did you achieve this? Did you bend the arms or are they actually machined that way? Also, the pivot elbow is angled past 90º so when the elbow is pointing straight up (which is ideal) the arm is angled downwards and not straight across. This provides a more relaxed ankle position. Well done.

DrJ said:
The fact that the arms are offset makes these a cut above others. I always look for this feature when considering rearsets. Offset levers reduce or eliminate "toe in" during use making them more comfortable since your ankles remain straight. Also, the arms are nice and thick, I'm guessing at least 3/8" or 1/2" and not the usual 1/4" more commonly used. Durgam, how did you achieve this? Did you bend the arms or are they actually machined that way? Also, the pivot elbow is angled past 90º so when the elbow is pointing straight up (which is ideal) the arm is angled downwards and not straight across. This provides a more relaxed ankle position. Well done.

so you are saying these rearsets are well worth it?

The levers are 3/8 thick. They are machined flat, and then bent on a set of dies i made. Foot pegs are 7/8 diameter, toe pegs are 5/8. Once assembled, i reccommend loctite on all fasteners. Vibrations is a beast on some of these old honkers.

1/4 thick is plenty fine on newer sport bikes that shift smoothly. I just like the feel of these thick levers

Thanks for the compliments.

Check out my Blog for other cool stuff i made
http://oldschoolspeed.blogspot.com/

That's great news, Durgam! Keep us posted when they might be available....do you have any idea what they might cost?
Thanx

If you could get back to me that'd be great,

i dont have much to do so putting rearsets on would be a great idea.

Is this an on going sale? Ever mounted on an SR500?
by any chance have the brackets? I would be interested in rear sets/rod kit
and brackets (if you have). Do you take paypal?

redlinedave said:
Is this an on going sale? Ever mounted on an SR500?
by any chance have the brackets? I would be interested in rear sets/rod kit
and brackets (if you have). Do you take paypal?

I do plan on continuing to produce these. At the moment, I do not have mounts specific to the SR. However, Id like to make as many kits as possible, and would like to make mounts for those bikes. Maybe we can work together and devise a nice billet bolt on solution.

Im working on a "as unuiversal as universal can get", weld on type mount, that will weld to most any frame rail. Pretty basic really. I do take paypal, and Ive got a few sets in stock. $115 shipped gets you pegs, levers, and linkage.

I'd be interested to see what the universal kit prices out at, specifically with a folding peg (kick start only on the KZ...)

did you want to send me your mounts to measure up, or do you just want to get levers, pegs and linkage?

i can send you the mounts tommarow.. just send me a pm of where yer located.

Thanks,
Blake

Durgam, as a newer member to this site I applaud you for diving right in and using your skills and enthusiasm to bring a commodity needed by many here. Affordable, quality rear sets. I personally can't wait to get the cash together to grab a set or two for myself. I may even be able to get my friend to stock them at his shop if you ever go into a full production run. I'm anxious to see what else your talents produce.

Got the rear sets in a couple days ago. Great quality and super grippy pegs. Thanks Kris!

Durgam, do you have any folding peg kits available now? If not, when do you think you will have those for sale?
Thanks, brother!!

Back
Top Bottom