Hey Up All

Hi I have just joined, totaly agree with do the ton every day and I do! I moved to the Isle of Man so I could, when the sign says maximum speed limit that just what it means!!! I run a standard CB750 KO which I thrash to the red around the IOM TT course. Just done some film work with cam strapped to helmet and side of the tank of the TT couse which will be posted on you tube in the next few weeks so Ill post a link here. I also run a Yam GTS 1000, a Serrow 225, a monkey bike and I am building a cafe CB750 with 4 open CR 750 meggas, fireblade front end and 850 overbore. I have alwas run cafes for 30 years from CB250, RD400, Tri BSA 650 even a TZ350 on the road and my favorite the H1b 500 Mach 3 Kwack. Other bikes include 94 fireblade 98 VTR 1000 but if I dont spanner them I get board. Hopefuly my pic of he H1 taken in 75 will appear. Its the only one of the bikes Ive had then sold that I now wish I had kept. It was fitted with double discs, boralli alloy rims and clip ons. It run expansions and bell mouths, it would top 120 and accelerated like nothing else.
Ill post the CB KO in on here some time or see on at Wikipedia just enter CB750 to the search, in the mean time thanks for setting up the site, cafes are the coolest rides were at the forefront of a resurgence of the most styish bikes ever.

Welcome slarty-bart-farst.

Nice H1B you had there. Never got the chance to try one, but can imagine the pull one would have having riden RDs myself.

The H1 would run like a 250 yam up till 6000 then pow it turned into a TZ350. I rode it 4 years and got used to it. I had a Sondel sport RD400 which was probably just as fast but never seemed as exciting. The best 2 stroke was a girl friends RD350B totaly standard purple but it ran a Stan Stephans tuned pro stoke race motor with high comp, single ring pistons, special read valves, and baffles removed in the exaust. It kicked up first prod, ticked over, was a smoothe as silk, pottered round town no problem then take it past 7000 and front wheel kicked in the air in 2nd. I guess this is the only 2 stroke I would have again. Meantime this week end I'm starting on the Wisco 850 conversion on a spare CB750 K2 lump for the next cafe.

For some reason, I love "slarty-bart-farst". We don't get much English TV so there are expressions that sound really foreign to us in the 'States. Does that mean anything in particular, or is it just a different version of "blibbity blop"?

Slarty-Bart-Fast is the guide at the earth building planet (i forget the name) in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy :)
He has a really fast space ship in "Goodbye, and thanks for all the Fish" ;D

Ayup slarty!
I'll be on the Island for two weeks this year. I'll be staying in Kirk-Micheal, maybe we can meet for a pint or twelve!
I'll be on a rented bike, so you might be able to lead me through the course.
I'm looking at mounting the camera on the bike or helmet so I can record the ride.
This is me on board my 350 Vintage Race Bike getting my knee down...
eccd5d5a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom