Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

1-270916152346.jpeg

Waiting to have its next fill up with petrol and a ride out

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 263
The GL1800 is (hopefully) getting out of the shop tomorrow. Since it was an insurance repair, I had it done by Honda with all new parts. The 1000 still sets in my garage awaiting my retirement (one year out).

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1475190438103.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1475190438103.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 251
According to my GPS, about a 49 mph get-off in the middle of heavy I-40 traffic downtown Knoxville last month. Luckily no contact with anything but the asphalt. My fault, shouldn't have been there. Looked to merge right and then when I looked forward the SUV in front was getting real big real fast. I must have grabbed too much brake (front or rear I don't know). Stopped tumbling looking up at sky in the middle of three lanes. Bike ended up (according to GPS again, I was a bit out of it) off the road in an exit median. Ground both engine guards and rear skid bars down, ground lots of plastic, bent a radiator. I was lucky (and ATGATT) to only bruise a lot and crack my left wrist.

Rode her home today and it felt SO GOOD to be back on 2 wheels.

Happy endings are what we live for... we have to toss ourselves out there to get em tho.

Keep on Rockin in the Free world :eek:

pidjones said:
According to my GPS, about a 49 mph get-off in the middle of heavy I-40 traffic downtown Knoxville last month. Luckily no contact with anything but the asphalt. My fault, shouldn't have been there. Looked to merge right and then when I looked forward the SUV in front was getting real big real fast. I must have grabbed too much brake (front or rear I don't know). Stopped tumbling looking up at sky in the middle of three lanes. Bike ended up (according to GPS again, I was a bit out of it) off the road in an exit median. Ground both engine guards and rear skid bars down, ground lots of plastic, bent a radiator. I was lucky (and ATGATT) to only bruise a lot and crack my left wrist.

Fuckin hell :eek:

pidjones said:

Glad you came out of it ok...motorcycle pieces can be replaced easy !!

I have a ton of parts from a monster all but one jug is good, a whole straight frame if you want chunks or all, all of the suspension, wheels, brakes bla bla bla... Has a BOS not hot

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom