** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

Swagger said:
Sounds kinda pissed.....like the neighbors.

I'd invest in some pipes, a 2-1 with a decent size reversed megaphone.....you'll also make power. Like this I'd bet dollars to doughnuts you lost power...have any to spare? ;)
Not dingin' you or your bike, just letting you know. You don't see any race bikes with stubby pipes except perhaps drag bikes and they're tuned to make power at the highest and narrowest rpm range.

Just sayin......

oh, I agree, don't get me wrong, I understand about the power loss. I knew I'd be building my own set up down the road, so throwing $300+- at something off the shelf for the time being seemed like a waste

scud said:
before:
SDC11863.jpg

after:
020213122947_zps2c9cc905.jpg

Hey! Scud's here! I know you from somewhere...... ;D

Still loving that bike, dude. Welcome to DTT.

That's cool, enjoy it's a clean little bike. any plans for those handlebar risers? maybe an adjustable mount for your phone?

New2meCB said:
Hey! Scud's here! I know you from somewhere...... ;D

Still loving that bike, dude. Welcome to DTT.

yeah buddy, good to see you New2meCB! :D

Swagger said:
That's cool, enjoy it's a clean little bike. any plans for those handlebar risers? maybe an adjustable mount for your phone?

haha, I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not :) if it isn't, then no, I've since pulled the risers. I was leaving them there so I could switch between clip ons and superbike bars depending upon the ride I was going on. I've decided to build a different bike based on comfort that the superbike bars will go on.

now if it was sarcastic, you would have loved to see me use the risers as a mount for my point-n-shoot camera (that also has video). I put the camera on a mini tri-pod, then duct taped the tri-pod to a wooden dowel, then clamped the dowel in the risers. classy video session ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZy4kbR5szY

No sarcasm here....tough to get 'tone' across in text like this haha.
I just noted that they were still present and really...not a bad place to mount just such a rig as an onboard camera....

edukaycheon said:
Oh hey I live close enough to that area to recognize where that is! How do you like riding the 350 on the freeway?

yeah, I was thinking you would recognize some of that! not bad at all on the freeway, it cruises fairly well at around 75-80...but I must admit, vibration does get to me after awhile.

Swagger said:
No sarcasm here....tough to get 'tone' across in text like this haha.
I just noted that they were still present and really...not a bad place to mount just such a rig as an onboard camera....

I hear about that tone through text. I have a mini hd cam on order and probably will set something up so I can mount it there. bummer though, when I was parked out front at a friend's place, someone took just one of the bar clamps. weird, but a good reminder that people can just unbolt stuff at a whim...

,,,,that's unbelievable.....people suck sometimes.
<snark>Don't park in crackhead land?</snark> ;)

My 81 CM400 I bought out of the back of a salvage, The engine was seized,so I picked up a 82 450. All steel and I built all the parts i needed to put it together. All that was purchased was,tires,gaskets, and material for building.

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 450cc.jpg
    450cc.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 240
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 251
  • cmcb.jpg
    cmcb.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,278
osteoderm said:

I love fairings ;D. The only thing I'd change on that bike is some kind of a rear fender (a swingarm mounted hugger maybe). The empty space in the rear makes it look a little front heavy.

Toast said:
I love fairings ;D. The only thing I'd change on that bike is some kind of a rear fender (a swingarm mounted hugger maybe). The empty space in the rear makes it look a little front heavy.

I don't mind the "open" look of the rear, but I completely agree about fitting a hugger rear fender. Fenders (front too!) are on my list.

Back
Top Bottom