** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

Not a cafe and not an intentional change but...

Before:

DSCN5022.jpg

and after smoking a deer last weekend:

0322091818a.jpg

0322091816a.jpg

thrasherbill said:
Not a cafe and not an intentional change but...

Before:

and after smoking a deer last weekend:

0322091816a.jpg

hmmm, from that pic, it looks like a bunch of rust on the lower stanchion tube of your right fork? If it is, that ought to eat through fork seals pretty good. Sorry to see your bike in that condition Thrasherbill, are you going to plastic weld the fairing back together, or look for a spare? If you've still got the plastic pieces, welding it is a more cost effective option for sure.

That's a carbon fibre type sticker on the fork, not rust. The fork seals have started leaking a bit since the accident so they do need to be done. I don't have enough of the pieces to weld the corner back and the fairing is big $ even used so I'll just clean it up best I can and spray it flat black like I did the side panels.

black2.jpg

black3.jpg

black.jpg

Go to Canadian tire, plastic boat repair kit. Use screening to act as a backing. You mix the plastic filler with the catalyzer and you'll be able to rebuild it, YOU HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!!! ;D

well...I haven't posted in a while since my intro post, life and what not gettin' in the way. The cb750 is currently tore down for the second time thanks to some cheesy OEM head studs and a leaking gasket, I'll come back and add some AFTER shots asap.

two bikes posted as BEFORE, because it took parts from both to make one. :p

wasn't much to brag about, draggin' home the $25 hunk of rust...
l_71944a57ec0ae3e27fb453355b8db47c.jpg

l_ddae0c308d771a903f70956fe30a9ab9.jpg

there used to be a big bore kit in there, this is what happens when the #4 cylinder fills with liquid suddenly...
l_660f4e4347aa247be93eec8df159b3a3.jpg

l_8c45ee70b7d88632f8af50974f452120.jpg

the second bike which donated its frame and internals, as was ridden this winter come rain or shine, snow or sun...
l_6763b11079da4b788de9d8ba04c17098.jpg

yep, that's a rear floormat doubling as a seat...my arse has no feeling anyway, no pain no gain...

updates thus far include complete teardown of engine, checked everything, all that was needed was a set of rings and a quick honing of the cylinders, but the old studs may as well been rubber bands. teardown #2 brought new heavy duty studs, better prep work on gaskets, detroit diesel green color for the jugs and head, edges of fins filed evenly and polished, clubmans, a seat....made from stainless sheet, sleeping bag pad for cushion, hand tooled vintage leather with inlays of green ostrich that match the green on the engine, a western motif that will tie in with the hand-tooled leather/inlaid pieces that will take the place of the typical cafe racing stripes...

oh, and future images will probably include a certain Cajun princess whose grandfather is a former pastor and still dear friend of mine.

(update)
Well, I changed my mind on the green inlays on the seat...kinda clashed a little. I went with antiqued brown leather and the inlay is black, with a "demon hunter" steer skull on the centerpiece...riveting leather to the stainless pan in the next hour, photos to follow...

Thanks for the questions guys. I take that as an interest!

I call this bike a CR550F Factory because it is my concept bike.
Something that Honda would build, but didn't.
Exhaust are Swarbricks. These pipes sound excellent!

DSC_0207.jpg

Sweet!!!!

I would lose that fairing though, it doens't need it and it seems a bit to big. Without that fairing it will have the real old racer look. :)

Especially love the exhaust!

I've already posted some pics of my BMW, so I won't bore you guys with more, but I've also made a very short vid. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwXPQJLK50

miob said:
Sweet!!!!

I would lose that fairing though, it doens't need it and it seems a bit to big. Without that fairing it will have the real old racer look. :)

Especially love the exhaust!

Not losing the fairing! But certainly thanks for the thoughts! :)
I'm looking for the old RC or CR faired look...
(btw your Beemer is fab too!)

Max, hit that with some black paint and nobody will object to it....your bike is great looking!
Those pipes and the tank really set it off!

Did a few more updates, new GSXR1000 rearsets, jet kit, rings, rear shocks, filters, rebuilt carbs, some minor detailing. Still a few more items to go. Hopefully this shows that the 79-82s are still worth building a cafe out of.

Before:
79CB750Before.jpg

After:
1979HondaCB750003.jpg

1979HondaCB750001.jpg

1979HondaCB750004.jpg

Wow!! I am truly inspired.. some of you guys have the most amazing bikes. I absolutely loved every single last one. Simply amazing fella's. Jobs well done! Im going to put together a cafe in the near future. But you guys keep on being amazing.. gunna need you guys around in a few months! :) Awesome bikes.. in the meantime, here is mine. 2006 street bob. 22,800 miles and counting! Hope you guys like! Not a cafe, but a bobber of some sort, perhaps?

0419091749a.jpg

0419091750.jpg

AdrianVall said:
Wow!! I am truly inspired.. some of you guys have the most amazing bikes. I absolutely loved every single last one. Simply amazing fella's. Jobs well done! Im going to put together a cafe in the near future. But you guys keep on being amazing.. gunna need you guys around in a few months! :) Awesome bikes.. in the meantime, here is mine. 2006 street bob. 22,800 miles and counting! Hope you guys like! Not a cafe, but a bobber of some sort, perhaps?

0419091749a.jpg

0419091750.jpg

sweet...

I know Harley made an attempt at a cafe racer some years ago, but it didn't jive with consumers for whatever reason...I've seen some nice owner-built cafes made from harleys, and would love to make an attempt at one some day...but mine wouldn't jive with anyone probably...made from an old school rigid frame bike...REAL OLD school....something like....
1928_J_R.jpg

someone would shoot me, but I'd enjoy the ride until they did...

Back
Top Bottom