** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

Thanks, it would have required serious fabrication to make the lines decent if I didn't go with what I did. Definitely one of the more comfortable customs I have ridden. Should be nice for long road trips.

Before:
IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

After:
IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

volli said:
Before:

[picture]

After:

[picture]

;)

volli
Sweet, although I was digging the before look as well. That gaudy 90's look is a guilty pleasure of mine, don't tell anyone I secretly want a Honda CN250. :p

jfaenfT.jpg

before, during and after...

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    538.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    785.4 KB · Views: 319
  • painted frame and motor.JPG
    painted frame and motor.JPG
    495.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    717.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0097a.JPG
    IMG_0097a.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    407.2 KB · Views: 338
I have often wondered what a good woodgrain job would look like on a motorcycle, even considered doing it myself. Now I know and it does indeed look great...Nice work!

Thanks! The kz650 chopper is owned by a friend of mine ISMarco on this site too. His bike won an award at the show- best Japanese.

This is my 1984 CB125S. It is a blast to buzz around town on.

Before: Plastic fantastic 80's madness

After: Stripped down, no nonsense around towner

I need to tuck the wires back in but will do that before the next ride. I also need to extend the center stand and will redo the seat, but those things can wait until the winter. I'm enjoying it too much to tear parts off again. Plus, the side stand works just fine, but the center makes for better poser shots ;)

Not sure if I am allowed to post non-café bikes but here goes. My winter project all but done. Did all the work myself and went with a coarse paint job... sort of like rhino truck liner... just to be different.

Attachments

• 20141228_154251.jpg
    20141228_154251.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 319
HolyRoller said:
Not sure if I am allowed to post non-café bikes but here goes. My winter project all but done. Did all the work myself and went with a course paint job... sort of like rhino truck liner... just to be different.

How dare you! LOL all bikes are welcome here, Nice job.

HolyRoller said:
Not sure if I am allowed to post non-café bikes but here goes. My winter project all but done. Did all the work myself and went with a course paint job... sort of like rhino truck liner... just to be different.

Kick ass job HolyRoller... love the paint.. and love that you did a great looking build on a bike not typically featured here.. Well done man ;D. How long was your build time all together?

Thanks for the kind comments. I really appreciate it. Problem is I broke my arm like three hours after finishing the bike (while "impressing" my nephew with my so-called skateboard skills) and so can only look at it for a month or two. Sucks.

Luugo... my job keeps me very busy, so I could only work on the bike on weekends and even then usually only on Saturdays. I bought the bike a few days after Christmas and worked on it most Saturdays until beginning of May. I went over board though and really went to town sanding the plastic and prepping the paint. I am quite happy with the result... even if I can't use the bike!

I still need to rebuild the front forks (Progressive springs) and this winter I think I will tear into the engine for a top-end rebuild). I am back working on my 78 GS1000 café build now. Also have a 71 Karmann Ghia ready to rebuild. Lots of projects... not enough time.

Back
Top Bottom