** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

I have a 56 Triumph Trophy that I'm planning on bobbing. No one would kill me though since all I have is an engine and a very beat and abused frame. Something like this
old-1953-Triumph-TR5_Trophy-500cc.jpg

img7834ix6.jpg

What can you tell me about those frame braces? I haven't seen those ones before - maybe I could find a set for my 1975 R75/6.

We're going to need to see a bigger write-up on that bike - single sided swingarm? Nice!

Oh, and how well does that shifter work?

Tim said:
img7834ix6.jpg

What can you tell me about those frame braces? I haven't seen those ones before - maybe I could find a set for my 1975 R75/6.

We're going to need to see a bigger write-up on that bike - single sided swingarm? Nice!

Love the signals on the handle grips.. sleek..

Lovehertz: whats that pink thingy on the right handlebar? Great rides!

Tim said:

Thanx, that shifter set-up was just temporary to see if it would work. It did. I did replace it with a beefed up version but that's also temporary, I'm waiting on rearsets, they should be on the way...

I'm not suprised you haven't seen the braces before, I made them myself. I made them using exghaust clamps to mount them onto the frame because the local law dictates that you're not allowed to make structural changes to a bikeframe. I can really, really recommend getting some braces too, it made my bike a lot sharper. Now I can ride the lines I want instead of approximately ride the lines I want.

I made some minor changes since those pics, most noticably: I changed the clip ons.

img8239p.jpg

img8111j.jpg

Also made a short videoclip with very cheesy music. I'm trying to get the hang of the new video software, after that I'll try and make a better video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFCzwW5_Hgo

Finally have gotten far enough on the project to add to this thread.

Still needs the seat foam and a few cosmetics completed but just about done.

Before :

5786_1.jpg

After :

P1010006-2.jpg

Just thought I'd add to the madness ;D

cb350devilgirl.jpg

'73 CB350G 'tracker conversion, Todd Henning motor, and lots of little fun bits...

100_0336.jpg

'78 CB750 'Devil-Bitch' Cafe-Fighter thing- 900cc conversion, tubeless wheels, Penske shox...

I have others in the garage too, '81 CM450A, '88 Xr200R supermoto'd, and a '73 CB750 bobber

79 GS850. don't have a before, but she was a mess... this is my dirty suzi. a lot of work to do yet. rearsets, hiding battery, new seat, blah, blah....

Attachments

• smaller post.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 269
Really like the seats on both. Have any details on them?

leftlaneguy said:
Just thought I'd add to the madness ;D

cb350devilgirl.jpg

'73 CB350G 'tracker conversion, Todd Henning motor, and lots of little fun bits...

100_0336.jpg

'78 CB750 'Devil-Bitch' Cafe-Fighter thing- 900cc conversion, tubeless wheels, Penske shox...

I have others in the garage too, '81 CM450A, '88 Xr200R supermoto'd, and a '73 CB750 bobber

HOOLIGAN said:
Really like the seats on both. Have any details on them?

Thanks. The 350 has a Hot Wing Glass tail, with a custom seat made local to me. The 750 is a complete custom seat, fabbed by using a nighthawk 650 plastic tray, and a CBR tail cowl, then custom covered by a local shop.

In response to the wheel question; They are the only set. Custom-made prototypes. they use Talon-type hubs, with Yamaha carriers. Welded rim halves, and billet spoke junctions.

Back
Top Bottom