Post a pic of your latest purchase

grandpaul said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Office-Iris-4-drawer-Cart-W-Organizer-Top-Casters-Supply-Tool-Gift-/141792648425?hash=item2103801ce9:g:JOoAAOSwKIpWEYiQ

I had some of those before, but they fell apart on my after about a year. I'm hoping this new metal one lasts a bit longer.

I got this work bench from HF. So far I'm loving it. It heavier than most HF stuff, quite sturdy.

36BMH1X.jpg

Also I bought a house. It's attached to this garage, or so my wife tells me. Working on getting modern electricity out there so I can get my mill back online.

Ds1046G.jpg

Sav0r said:
Also I bought a house. It's attached to this garage, or so my wife tells me. Working on getting modern electricity out there so I can get my mill back online.

Ds1046G.jpg
I love the architecture of that garage. Good stuff.

irk miller said:
I love the architecture of that garage. Good stuff.

I do too.

Reminds me of the old barn/shed/garage/building/outbuilding in the back of my grandmom's house.

It had the same features as that, but was used as anything, anyone threw in there.

A bit more rustic though. Gone now.

Sav0r said:

Ds1046G.jpg

They aren't great for keeping the cold out, but those sliding doors are beautiful. Love that garage man. Good for ya.

Thanks guys. The garage matches the house. It's a Craftsman.

The garage is a newer construction slab on grade with cinder block foundation. They did a good job carrying the style over. I plan to pour an overlay on the floor and put in a driveway while I'm at it.

The sliding doors are certainly drafty. I'll probably insulate the right side and frame it in but leave the left side in use. I'll get gas out there too so that I can heat the place.

3etlm7w.jpg

Nice, love the craftsman style homes. there are a few around town here and they always catch the eye when you drive by.

Maritime said:
Nice, love the craftsman style homes. there are a few around town here and they always catch the eye when you drive by.

I was pretty much on the hunt for one, not really for the style, more so the practicality. They are spacious on the main level but they aren't by any means large houses. That makes them economical as far as heating and cooling is concerned. I also have long had a boner for solar and Craftsman and Cap Cods tend to have large fairly low incline roof surfaces do to their short stature but wide base (ratio) making them ideal for solar roof installations. Just because I only own two strokes it doesn't mean that I hate the earth, and from the quotes I've gotten I'm looking at solar paying for itself in 10 to 12 years (Pittsburgh has a surprisingly high solar index) and effectively having zero electricity bill after that up until the system needs replacing (hopefully better systems will be available by then). All of that said, my "machine shop" used to be in my basement. Once I'm setup the new place stands to be a huge improvement.

Sav0r said:
I was pretty much on the hunt for one, not really for the style, more so the practicality. They are spacious on the main level but they aren't by any means large houses. That makes them economical as far as heating and cooling is concerned. I also have long had a boner for solar and Craftsman and Cap Cods tend to have large fairly low incline roof surfaces do to their short stature but wide base (ratio) making them ideal for solar roof installations. Just because I only own two strokes it doesn't mean that I hate the earth, and from the quotes I've gotten I'm looking at solar paying for itself in 10 to 12 years (Pittsburgh has a surprisingly high solar index) and effectively having zero electricity bill after that up until the system needs replacing (hopefully better systems will be available by then). All of that said, my "machine shop" used to be in my basement. Once I'm setup the new place stands to be a huge improvement.

Nice, I have a good spot for solar with half my roof south facing, I need to look into the cost/benefit analysis. With the Tesla roof panels I could re-do my roof and it would pay for itself.

We looked at doing the Tesla thing. We're currently collecting bids for having our roof replaced, so it seemed like a good idea to investigate solar at the same time. For our 1800 sq/ft home, Tesla tiles were going to be about 90K after installation (with about 30K in subsidies, tax breaks, etc, coming out after the 90K was paid up front). New roof and traditional solar are going to be more like 45K. 15K for the new decking and shingles and then 30K for the solar (with about 15K in subsides, etc).

Tesla isn't quite there yet (at least not in my neck of the woods).

Sonreir™ said:
We looked at doing the Tesla thing. We're currently collecting bids for having our roof replaced, so it seemed like a good idea to investigate solar at the same time. For our 1800 sq/ft home, Tesla tiles were going to be about 90K after installation (with about 30K in subsidies, tax breaks, etc, coming out after the 90K was paid up front). New roof and traditional solar are going to be more like 45K. 15K for the new decking and shingles and then 30K for the solar (with about 15K in subsides, etc).

Tesla isn't quite there yet (at least not in my neck of the woods).

Thanks, I haven't even looked at prices yet, we are a few years away from doing anything with Solar, there are almost 0 incentives here at the moment but they are coming from what I have heard, we'll look at it then, our power utility is testing the Tesla power packs and may give incentives for those in the near future. We actually have a brewery called Off Grid that makes all their beer using renewables and it's pretty good beer. They have the Tesla power pack, solar and wind.

Don't you just love it when your government charges you extra for your electricity so they can give free money to people that want to try new stuff that is less cost-effective (production and life cycle cost), in the name of "green energy"?

grandpaul said:
Don't you just love it when your government charges you extra for your electricity so they can give free money to people that want to try new stuff that is less cost-effective (production and life cycle cost), in the name of "green energy"?

The term "GREEN" energy is properly interpreted to refer to the "green" (money) that the low efficiency producers get for free.

That's a bit of an over simplification, but why a turn a perfectly friendly convo political? We've already been shut off over in the politics area.

Some new parts to start rebuilding the ST90. Also sent the cylinder and head off for work

c44054190ce5fe8f9874a72a0f1ab61f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a decent tank... now I need a petcock

Attachments

• orca-image-1500069950356.jpg_1500069950589.jpeg
    orca-image-1500069950356.jpg_1500069950589.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 212
Back
Top Bottom