CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! (still adding) SS brake lines June 17/11

Re: CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! (small update Mar 13/10 )

Sorry for your loss man. The bikes looking great! Cant wait to see ya finish it up?

Re: CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! (small update Mar 13/10 )

VonYinzer said:
Sorry for your loss man. The bikes looking great! Cant wait to see ya finish it up?

Thanks for the words,

I came across this awhile ago, would any one have a pic of what should be here. I'm talking about the rod with the blue like
silicone around it, sorry for the bad pics,(cellphone).
Thanks for any help.

hmmm1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Re: CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! (Need some help! Mar 14/10 )

Bike looks great! I was wondering where you'd gotten off to. Sorry to hear the news. I recently lost my Gram as well, she was 99 so you can't ask for much more than that but it still isn't easy.

I like the shape of that exhaust on your bike but I don't like the fnish with your bike. You have a very clean looking build going and the more utilitarian finish on those pipes looks a bit out of place in my mind.

diesel450 said:
Bike looks great! I was wondering where you'd gotten off to. Sorry to hear the news. I recently lost my Gram as well, she was 99 so you can't ask for much more than that but it still isn't easy.

I like the shape of that exhaust on your bike but I don't like the fnish with your bike. You have a very clean looking build going and the more utilitarian finish on those pipes looks a bit out of place in my mind.

Sorry to about your grandma as well.
As for the exhaust,I think that's what not looking right in my eyes also.
thanks

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. The bike is still looking fantastic! Is the part you are looking for part of the starter? I'm not sure I can help you out with that I took my starter out. Glad your back, I've been missing the progress on this!

p.s. You'll be seeing those pipes soon ;)

Berner

sorry for the loss... bike is looking great.

my motor is getting the same paint job as yours... although ive been considering polishing the entire bottom half :D

seeing how the black looks... i might just paint.

will keep my eye on this one =D

Hey Pete! Sorry about your loss brother, I know how much I love mine too, so I can feel your pain.

Personally, I like the exhaust. It's SS, so I would polish it out and it would look amazing. The shape is incredible.

The rod you are looking at is supposed to be there. It actually is a retaining rod for a catch trap underneath the crank. There are two little metal plates under there that this rod slips on top of and holds in place. I don't really know why there is Silicone in there though, that is kind of odd. That is a lubricated assembly, under there, s I don't know why it would matter if it leaked. Beats me. The rod is designed to be there though...Hmm.

NOW I see what you're talking about. my bad. I feel silly ::)

is your fender mounted to your swing arm? Did you just use those frame clamp things? Any chance you could snap a few detail shots of how you mounted it?

Yea the shape of that exhaust is great if you could polish it out that would look fantastic!

MrBerner said:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. The bike is still looking fantastic! Is the part you are looking for part of the starter? I'm not sure I can help you out with that I took my starter out. Glad your back, I've been missing the progress on this!

p.s. You'll be seeing those pipes soon ;)

Berner

Thanks Berner, Great to be back at it!

Rocan said:
sorry for the loss... bike is looking great.

my motor is getting the same paint job as yours... although ive been considering polishing the entire bottom half :D

seeing how the black looks... i might just paint.

will keep my eye on this one =D

Thanks Rocan, can't wait to see what you do with the motor.

Kanticoy said:
Hey Pete! Sorry about your loss brother, I know how much I love mine too, so I can feel your pain.

Personally, I like the exhaust. It's SS, so I would polish it out and it would look amazing. The shape is incredible.

The rod you are looking at is supposed to be there. It actually is a retaining rod for a catch trap underneath the crank. There are two little metal plates under there that this rod slips on top of and holds in place. I don't really know why there is Silicone in there though, that is kind of odd. That is a lubricated assembly, under there, s I don't know why it would matter if it leaked. Beats me. The rod is designed to be there though...Hmm.

Thanks for the words Kanticoy,
Polished SS would be a good idea, as for the sillicone I pulled that plug out last night, not really sure what the previous owner was thinking :-\ Thanks for the tip.

boomshakalaka said:
is your fender mounted to your swing arm? Did you just use those frame clamp things? Any chance you could snap a few detail shots of how you mounted it?

Yes mounted to the swing arm, I think I have some pics , I'll post them later today.

diesel450 said:
Yea the shape of that exhaust is great if you could polish it out that would look fantastic!

Now you guys have me thinking. Got to get a hold of Chris. ;D

boomshakalaka said:

Boom heres a few pics. I had a spare exhaust clamp, I cut it half shaped it to the swing arm, used my ebay welder(first time welding, alot of fun ;D). and used the existing holes on the rear fender to mount to.
Hope this help.
Thanks

rfender1.jpg

rfender2.jpg

rfender3.jpg

rfender4.jpg

Re: CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! ( Mar 14/10 )

that is exactly what I wanted to see, helps a ton! Thanks man!

p.s. Im no expert on welding, I just started when I started my cafe project. But just from looking at the pictures it looks like youre striking your arc and then moving the gun right away. You should wait a second until you have a pool going, and then lay your bead. Use some scrap to practice, try pausing when you first strike your arc and then moving slower than you think you need to. That being said, those welds will probably be plenty strong for that application.

boomshakalaka said:
that is exactly what I wanted to see, helps a ton! Thanks man!

p.s. Im no expert on welding, I just started when I started my cafe project. But just from looking at the pictures it looks like youre striking your arc and then moving the gun right away. You should wait a second until you have a pool going, and then lay your bead. Use some scrap to practice, try pausing when you first strike your arc and then moving slower than you think you need to. That being said, those welds will probably be plenty strong for that application.

Glad it's going to help, and thanks for the tip, can't wait to
try again.

Looks good. Can that fender move? if you hit a bump or something it looks like from the pic that there is nothing preventing it from moving downward other than the bolts. Just something I noticed you may have it figured out and I can't see it. Keep it up.

thompsonmx100 said:
Looks good. Can that fender move? if you hit a bump or something it looks like from the pic that there is nothing preventing it from moving downward other than the bolts. Just something I noticed you may have it figured out and I can't see it. Keep it up.

Good eye!
After the rear wheel 100% in the right place, I plan on tapping a hole just under the swing arm, and putting in a set screw/bolt. I let you know how it turns out.
Thanks

Re: CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! ( April 10/10 )

Well did some work on the wheels, one is complete, low gloss black taped the spoke nipples? ???.
Heres a few pic, sorry cellphone.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Re: CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! ( April 10/10 tape paint wheel )

Looks real nice! Good Work. I want to do that on mine...not for this summer...i just want to get it up and running!

Berner

MrBerner said:
Looks real nice! Good Work. I want to do that on mine...not for this summer...i just want to get it up and running!

Berner

Thanks man! I know what you mean,
I don't want to rush, but really want to ride.

Peter

Just installed the front wheel, I like it. Just wanted to share.
Thanks

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom