**Lets see the Leathers....**

Finally got my jacket back from one of the quilt ladies my wife knows who sewed my patch for me. The shoe store wouldn't touch it since the liner wasn't removable and I have pockets for the armor in the sleeve and shoulder which couldn't get screwed up. She wound up sewing it by hand but for the life of my I can't see a single stitch. ;D
Here's a pic of the jacket. I'll get my wife to take a pic of me in my full leathers if I can get her to quit laughing long enough to take the pic. ;)

P3280034.jpg

TonyD said:
I know, I know.........."where's the DTT patch"? soon...........................

jacket.jpg
damn thats a nice set of patches... bravo

wow.. I cant believe that I started this thread back in 07...
I'm not wearing the same leathers that that did back then.. I guess I should update...

So here are my skins:
Vintage British Cycles horse hide leather D-Pocket jacket:
IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

Vintage Hein Gericke:
IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Vintage Schott Perfecto 1-star:
locOsPerfecto613-b.jpg

locOsPerfecto613-c.jpg

Vintage 60's Birmaco:
IMG_2771.jpg

Vintage something or another wtih bad-ass fur collar:
IMG_1169.jpg

Vintage Brooks PJ-27 2 Star:
IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

ehh. there are a bunch others that I dont have pics off...

wow, I would have a hard time figuring out which one to wear! I'll snap a pic of my Bates from '73 tomorrow.

i was wondering if there is anything you can do to get leather back to its original softness after its gone a little hard, my father purchased a nice brown 4 pocket collar less leather jacket, in '73-'74 he kept it for about 20 years in the basement i found it while helping him get his 1967 Honda 160 running after sitting for about 30 years. other then that i have a Suzuki Joe Rocket Jacket and this spring i just bought the Alpinestars RC1 leather jacket

get some good cleaner and conditioner and have at it. you can also try oil... people have different methods. wearing it softens it up loads too.

I just used SOFSOLE brand minkoil on mine last week. Soft, shiny, and waterproof. It smells better than other minkoil I've used too. 8)

what conditioner do you guys use that doesnt give the leather a huge sheen?

i hate super shiny leather.

suzuki_rf said:
i was wondering if there is anything you can do to get leather back to its original softness after its gone a little hard, my father purchased a nice brown 4 pocket collar less leather jacket, in '73-'74 he kept it for about 20 years in the basement i found it while helping him get his 1967 Honda 160 running after sitting for about 30 years. other then that i have a Suzuki Joe Rocket Jacket and this spring i just bought the Alpinestars RC1 leather jacket
Try Leather Therapy ( www.leathertherapy.com ). I used it on an old pair of leather pants from the 70's which were covered with mold and mildew..... it made them soft and new looking again. You will need to let it soak into your leathers a few days before using them though....

This was given to me by my brother. He bought it back in the early 80's I think. It's a Schott.

Excuse the poor quality cell phone camera picture
Jacket.jpg

I dont know what happened to me..
I for some reason I developed an affinity to the the late 70's-early 80's British Rocker style jackets... Then all of sudden these things showed up on my door from the UK..

Vintage KETT Leather Jacket
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

A few days later a Vanguard Mk1 showed up!!.
IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Both these jackets came with studs on the right elbow!!.. WTF??.. are the streets in the UK really that rough that you need to studs on the elbows to inflict more pain on someone??... ???

I gotta get rid of some of my jackets!!.. Im afraid to find out what else will show up from the UK!!..

You're insane Noel!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

(but in a GOOD way! ;) )

GroovyAardvark said:
Yes that's right..... Iron Man full leathers..... You will need a stick to fend off the ladies.
http://www.udreplicas.com/featured/mark-v/
I do not own these, but my god I thought it was ridiculous enough to post it up!
http://www.udreplicas.com/featured/the-dark-knight-riding-suit/
There is also 'dark knight' style batman suit haha, it actually looks bad ass and not as laughable as the iron man.

bhahahahaha... rigghhttt..lol.
ok.. For a REAL man's leathers, I just posted up these:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=17288.0

;D

Here is the start of my leather collection. I bought them all off Ebay and most were pretty ressonable. I didn't care too much about the label or name on the jacket, I wanted something that fit well, kept me protected and looks the part. I will probably add more to my collection soon. Each was purchased for a reason and will be used accordingly.

This is my first jacket I bought, its sorta like your first girlfriend, it feels right everytime you use it! It came with a couple patches, a Canadian flag that I removed, well, cuz Im not a Canadian! The other is a pretty cool patch that I left on it reads TCB with a lightning bolt. The PO told me what it stood for, wana see if ya'll know?? This is going to be my patch jacket as it already had one on it. It fits me perfectly and shows just enough wear.
IMG_1064.jpg

The next jacket I bought was a lighter weight jacket. Summer in CO can be mid 90+ so I wanted a lightweight jacket, and one that I could wear around town once and awhile if I wanted to. I have to admit, this is becoming my new favorite, it like this look better, I feel it is the more modern Cafe jacket, although it was made popular in the 70's. I want a brown one like this for kicking around in.
IMG_1068.jpg

The next jacket I bought was another Brando style, but I knew I was moving to SF Bay and going to ride in chillier temps. This jacket is heavier than my first Brando and slightly bigger so I can wear a layers if need be. Its in very good condition and fits me well.
IMG_1063.jpg

The last jacket I bought was a 70's Hipster. I like the heavy zippers and buckles as well as the blood red liner. It has quilted shoulders and elbows which make it stand out from my other jackets. Its also short and rests just above beltline, hence the hipster name I would presume. Its in very good shape and fits a bit snug.
IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

Also I have my riding gloves. I went the first few months this summer without them and slippy hands suck. These are Held Classics, and they are awesome. No break in needed, heavy leather for chilly mornings. They are a bit warm, so maybe a lighter pair will be in the future? They are a great value and worth the protection as I need my hands for work.
IMG_1069.jpg

I have some patches that I have been aquiring and will add them to the first jacket above. I want to get all of them before I go slapping them on so that I can create the look I want. I have a few pins too that will go on that jacket. I may sew the patches myself, silk sutures are strong and easy for me to come by. I hate having to pay someone else to do something I can do myself.

I want to round out my jacket collection with a cotton wax jacket and will be looking for the right one. Till then, this is what I have to keep me protected on my rides.

Milehighcb said:

This is the nicest jacket in your collection. A Lewis Lightning copy. Really like those four waist buckles. What brand is it? When showing pics of jackets, include a closeup of the label. Manufacture and country of origin are important.

The studded Kett jackets are 80's punk rock ones, motorcycle jackets didn't have them

Back
Top Bottom