Scrambled mind

rappz7

So I've had the idea of scrambler pipes on my 1979 CB650. Obviously this bike never came close to something like that and I'm pretty sure that's not an aftermarket your going to find on ebay. I'm thinking custom here. Has anybody ever seen or heard of a CB650 with a scrambler set up? I'm sure you can find a guy to do it, there's always a guy. I think it would look sharp and would be a nice touch to my build. Just spit balling here. Input is always appreciated.

it would look cool maybe have a pair on each side custom built gonna be a good deal of work pulling it off
the only issue is the 4 cylinder bikes are already wide and it will make it feel like sitting on a fat pig by the time you have the pipes and heat shields, if you dont mind riding all bow leg-ged then go for it

I've seen a couple of sets people have made for 550's, they're reasonably similar to the 650. Would have to be a custom fabrication I'd imagine. Might make getting at the carbs a bit of a chore. Could look pretty rad all the same.

Here's a link to a 550.
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=112143.100

Not a 650, but Carpy had a CB750 with scrambler type exhausts, two on each side. I've seen a couple of other 750s with nearly the same setup in the past few years. A few years back one of the magazine's did an article on a CB400F that had been converted to look like a CL350. In that case, it was all four pipes running up the left side and into a CL350 muffler. I got a chance to see the bike in person and it was very well done. In fact it looked factory.
Rider

Back
Top Bottom