73 CB350 Bobber - Sister Sparechange

uncletwisty

do something.
Hey motorbikers,

Here's one of my projects I'm working on, I'd love to have it done by spring.

I bought it as a hardtail project, got the shady welds fixed. It's got a nice-n-big 23 inch front wheel.

I'm planning on cutting the window bars down, traffic cutter style. the seat wont be exactly like that, just a mockup.

the foot controls aren't in a set place yet, I'm thinking of doing high mid controls because the bike is so low.

it's a death machine but it will be fun.

I'm going to try to detail the build on here.

let me know what you think.

thanks,

twisty. (gsgp)

sparechange.jpg

lowmid.jpg

Hey Guys,

PHeller, Hell yeah pusher betty is rockin' hard, she's getting a new seat and some other changes, just spruced her up for the spring, spittin' fire.

tommygun, the seat is kind of shitty, it's not the final one, it's just 1/8th inch steel with a little padding, leather and pop rivits, I'm planning on doing a pleated leather seat, similar color though.

spider, let's party, ordering parts right now.

dynamitedave, yeah, it's a 23"

more shit coming soon. get pumped.

gsgp.

Spent some time in my newly reclaimed garage (you can see my organized beer can collection in a few pics)

cut stupid high tank cap thing off and sanded the shitty blackpaint/bondo off the tank, chopped the window bars, mocked up tail section (dual lights will work as: tail lights, brake lights and turn signals), made a headlight bracket, mounted rear wheel with chain adjusters.

frontview.jpg

headlighttop.jpg

the headlight bracket was made out of a part from a cb360 tail light, it needs some work, the only washer I could find to fit in the garage looks like it slept in a wet puss for too long.

linkage.jpg

found some shifter linkage at a swap for a few bucks

rear.jpg

here's the electrical taped on tail section, fender is a cb450 front, not sure if I'm using it yet.

stance.jpg

without tail section: stole the cable based rear break setup of some shitty honda shaft drive bike, thanks spider.

stancewithsissy.jpg

with tail section.

I really need to fab the mid controls for this, you can see where the footpeg bar used to bolt on, so I'll probably just make them to do the same, sans-bar.

ordered a bunch of parts today so hopefully by the end of next week I'll have my carbs done, my exhaust on, the controls done, a new gas cap, petcocks, new shocks installed, hand controls done, maybe do some wiring.

gettin' pumped on my death machine.

twisty.

That's a sweet looking triumph in the background! I can weld that sissybar on when you're ready. What is that brake pedal attached to?

the brake pedal is not attached to anything yet, going to have to make a piece to raise it up from the frame. bring your welder up here.. and get your fucking triumph out of my garage, its making all my shit look bad.

Got some work done in the last couple weeks.. lots of new parts..

can't wait to get rid of that rust and paint this mother. Since I last posted I got some 60's levers and perches for the bars, chopped the bars down another inch or so.. death machine status.

bought some old shovel head bullet turnsignals that are going to go above the headlight on the mounting bracket.

got some bitchin' gum grips from biltwell.

with the help of a fellow snake made some high mid controls.. knees to the breeze.

bought that seat which was off of some old chopper somewhere.. I've decided to not use it and go with my original plan of pounding on out of thin air and putting pleated vinyl on it. but it's going to be similar.

I decided to run a single mikuni carb with a dual intake, I wanted to fill in the space under the seat and I think it looks pretty cool. Made a bunch of brackets that are gunna get painted to hold it up. Since I'm planning on wrapping the exhaust, I may wrap the intakes too.. who knows.

took the mufflers off of my 360 to see what they would look like, totally tits. I'm hollowing them out.. megaphone.

Made a simple wiring harness to test the engine today, reset the timing. Kicked it a million times I heard it pop once or twice and saw some flames shoot out of the pipes, but not running yet.. Kept floodin, the carb is off of a harley so I'm going to have to rejet it.. bigtime.

here are some photos of hows shes sittin.

lots of shit left to do.

fuck college.

twisty.

Brake detail.. welds need cleaned up a bit they will be painted too.. there's a support connecting it to the frame aswell.
brakedetail.jpg

Intakes
carbdetail1.jpg

sittin' pretty.
stancemarch16.jpg

plain sick...I really love the way it looks now, its got a certian patina to it. I dont think I would want to paint it, it screams dont fuck with me! The only thing missing is a foot clutch and jocky shift

RedPlastic said:
plain sick...I really love the way it looks now, its got a certian patina to it. I dont think I would want to paint it, it screams dont fuck with me! The only thing missing is a foot clutch and jocky shift

I couldn't agree more. That bike is fuggin AWESOME as is. There isnt anything in this world more badass than a ratted out bobber with a jockey shift. It would be a crime against all things holy (trust me i know because I am the Holy bull) to not let that thing rust and ride it as is. Coolest bike ive seen in a while. Great work.

Thanks guys, I was thinking about running a hand clutch with a lever, no foot control, but I've considered both options, still not sure yet.. a suicide shifter fits right in with the ethics of this bike. I think there is something to be said for rat bikes and I will admit that was my original intention but I've spent so much time on this at this point that I kind of want to make it pretty.. well painted, but mean.. we'll see though.

once I make the seat it's going to look weird because it's going to be brand new pleated vinyl and I don't like 'adding' patina.. more updates soon.

anyone know where to get short clutch cables? bicycle shop? If I run a jockey shift I'm gunna need one, I'm leaning in that direction because who needs control.

Back
Top Bottom