2013 Royal Enfield Cafe Racer - anyone seen these yet?

grancuda

Stumbled across a Royal Enfield Cafe Racer that they have came out with for 2013. Looks pretty cool but I doubt it has any performance updates.

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcd/3405473594.html

found more info
http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2012/01/royal-enfield-cafe-racer.html

Attachments

• DSC_6416.jpg
    DSC_6416.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 198
They're not out in India yet.

It's more than a cosmetic update to the standard Bullet, but it's not exactly a Norton...

They have a new double-downtube frame on it, and 41mm fork tubes vs. the old 35mm, and a rear disc brake. It's the new-style unit engine (edit: which means fuel-injected too), and they claim some kind of performance improvements through, I think, sportier cams than the standard Bullets.

grancuda said:
So will they do the ton?

Stock, maybe if you dropped it out of a plane? (apologies to Yinzer...)

There's a company Ace Engineering LLC that does serious performance work (in relative terms) for the old-school engines, and they're working on a unit engine job now. I bet it could hit the Ton after they've had their way with it.

What the hell do you guys want? A modern bike that looks like its old skin deep or an old bike built today the same as back then?

If your going authentic, as I have read from Beach' most bikes back in the day did not do the ton, it was the goal, it was the magic number.

Those rear shocks and fender hoops gotta go but I like it.

Id ride it. I have absolutely no problem with curry or Indian Enfields. Cant "do the ton"? who cares? That's the magic number, something to work towards. I can buy a $600 eighties sportbike that will do the ton all day everyday..

I like it, I would rather have some nice Hagon, or repro style shocks on it though. If I had the money and a place for it I would ride it to work.

Ti like it and "those who like it,like it a lot".. I'd buy one if I could. The RE cafe bike on the CDN ( www.enfieldmotorcycles.ca)site is different. Called the Chrome Cafe Racer. I like the red one better. I wonder if the red was a special done by the Texas dealer. Saw a show on RE India awhile back...the pin striping on the tanks of the other models is/was still hand painted, no decals. Nice bike I like it, now for a Constellation...

AgentX said:
Stock, maybe if you dropped it out of a plane? (apologies to Yinzer...)

There's a company Ace Engineering LLC that does serious performance work (in relative terms) for the old-school engines, and they're working on a unit engine job now. I bet it could hit the Ton after they've had their way with it.

A British tuned 500 Indian Bullet reached 112 mph 2 years ago [ officially timed ]. Cafe Racer'd and with a small Avon half fairing.

My own "Race " Bullet [ 500 ] topped out in the flying kilo at 111.8 mph back in 1968.
I'll dig out some details.

BTW - when the current CEO took over there was talk of resurrecting the 700 Constellation they had been working on around 1999. ............................. oh er.

i had a royal enfield 500 bullet it would hit 100mph... granted was working it's ass off and peaked but it would

personally i love the bike as it is fnder and all has a very vintage feel

316-enfield.jpg

5u1y7q.jpg

2iuz7np.jpg

I'd ride it. Looks good. I think they did a better job than some of the higher end manufacturers in the styling end of this style bike. Their military styled bikes look good too.
3 year warranty on Royal Enfields too, where I see most other manufacturers are only 1 year

The factory could easilly have turned out something like this instead ? Grimeca or similar 4LS front brake ..........

I'd ride one

img220.jpg

Slight terminal inexactitude .............. I did them a disservice.

The Bullet [ 1999 ] ran 112mph NAKED in 2002 and later with full fairing topped 119mph. Hitchcock's Motors - right here in the Midlands [ 15 miles from my place ! ] Still in business if you want to make your Bullet zing.

Run at RAF station Woodbridge - home of record breaking for many years - with FIM scrutiny and NSA [ National Sprint Assoc. ] timing equipment.

Very minor mods - twin plug head, ported, 2" intake, 36mm. Amal, Forged Rod and piston, Alpha crank.

Dropping what out of an airplane ?????????? ;) ;)

img222.jpg

img221.jpg

Rat_ranger said:
I like it, I would rather have some nice Hagon, or repro style shocks on it though. If I had the money and a place for it I would ride it to work.

If you get the bike, I'll pay for your hagons and I'll trade you for the ohlins.

Garage Rat said:
What the hell do you guys want? A modern bike that looks like its old skin deep or an old bike built today the same as back then?

If your going authentic, as I have read from Beach' most bikes back in the day did not do the ton, it was the goal, it was the magic number.

My favorite so far is that Velo Thruxton replica. Very nicely done.

Those rear shocks and fender hoops gotta go but I like it.

I like the shocks and the rear loop. :) Fortunately we are different in what we like. The rear loop not only gives them a place to hang the rear fender but also puts the rear right and plate back where they have to be to meet legal rules on Construction and Use. The back end looks like a Commando rear fender and that can't be all bad. Tank looks too much like a CX500 pretending to be a Crusader GT to my eyes, but again, that's totally subjective.

Back
Top Bottom