Latest project - Suzonda WTF200/2 in progress

Replacement NSR125 forks/wheel/caliper installed....just need new taper bearings. And another top yoke.

mWhT9QC.jpg

Sprocket/swingarm alignment working out OK I reckon.

tObUOnT.jpg

Getting closer to final mount position for the engine.....any ideas on engine inclination datum?

5pSzBJy.jpg

That's all for now

When you're at a VW event and score a tyre cheap. £10 bargain 110/70x17" Kingstone tracker style tread pattern should do the job of sunny runs down the coffee shop I reckon ;)

5MNg8WB.jpg

Also incoming: 3x25mm flat bar for enging mounts.
Headlight mounts.

Moving along....

They'll do... ;)

MCMFSWC.jpg

The oil that came out of these was, I am sure, gearbox/diff Hypoid oil, black n thick and very smelly. An old skool trick to stiffen up the damping I reckon.

Fresh seals and Valvoline 10w Syn fork oil along with a coat of my favourite stainless steel wheel paint and bottom yoke buffing has them looking smart enough.

I've not updated this thread for a while...

Some progress has been made:

Forks installed
Top yoke cover plate made
Levers sorted
Rear wheel/spindle sourced (Yam Divi 600)
Spacer dimensions confirmed
Footrests mocked up
Rear brake m/c mocked up

It's coming along...

20191119_141002.jpg

IMG-20191123-WA0005.jpeg

77140414_473434833282799_757712040096694272_n.jpg

Reactions: Tim
Problem:

20191129_174629.jpg

20191129_174618.jpg

Solution:

20191129_211902.jpg

20191129_211852.jpg

ZZR brake lever pivoting on the footrest spindle, the drop link will operate the m/c nicely I reckon. Just enough clearance to work fully.

Loving this - even if I am not a 2 stroke fan !

This is being built in the true Sixties fashion ... built not bought, with some lateral thinking along the way to utilize non OEM bits .... respect.

Loving this - even if I am not a 2 stroke fan !

This is being built in the true Sixties fashion ... built not bought, with some lateral thinking along the way to utilize non OEM bits .... respect.

Thanks beachy......this is never going to be a megabucks build... I love seeking out a part that will do the job, all psrt of the project for me. My son is involved at a consultancy level for me to run things by and his rational helps keep me on track and focussed....I tend to flit from one thing to another quite a lot.....he keeps me 'on message'.

As I find I need parts, the build does alter, inevitably so my initial ideas have changed to some extent, but the principle maxim of JEEP still prevails.

Must rebuild the GT200 engine......next job...I'm told!!

Small update: My tame turner turned up with these rear axle spacers and collets, should to the trick? :)

I did say it was a small update....
IMG-20191212-WA0000.jpg

xJOkGfk.jpg

A small but significant update....my neighbour, a prolific and experience bike builder/restorer/owner has agreed to build the GT200 lump in January with me helping.

Kempton Park turned up trumps again :)

m0RLGhA.jpg

400mm Shocks fit a treat...I know they're not the best but they'll do.

STPp37u.jpg

Starter/run/kill switch (ex Honda Dominator I'm told)...looks neat and functional.

MZehxoX.jpg

Fully rebuilt engine :)
20200222_112247.jpg

I resisting over polishing or painting the side cases..preferring to try and stick with my JEEP ethos, so clean n tidy but above all functional and utilitarian looking.

I will hit it with a polishing mop but only to remove some blemishes...may even leave the Suzuki circle too.

I really must fab those engine mounts.....;)

Back
Top Bottom