Project: Snoopy (74 CB550)

Re: Easy Bake Bike (74 550)

nice! wish I had my 550 that far along...

seems liek so many VW guys on here,

I havent really been on vortex in a long time, because i started my own club about 10 years ago in MI

Re: Easy Bake Bike (74 550)

Got some spring cleaning done on it, and alot of new maintenance.

I replaced the brake pads, changed the chain, changed the front sprocket seal, tack cable seal, and most importantly changed the 20 year old tires/tubes. Bigger tires made a HUGE difference in the ride and the look.

Before

photo.jpg

After (obviously there have been some other changes, but the tires are MUCH better)

WP_000018.jpg

A few issues ive ran into is that I thought oil was leaking from the front sproket seal, but after changing it I realized that the oil is actually come from around the shift lever. Has anyone changed that? Does it require taking the motor apart? It is also REALLY hard to start, but once it warms up it runs like a champ. Choke works correctly, hoping this is just old gas, but it was treated properly over the winter so im not to confident.

Trying to get everything ready for barber (and MotoGP here in Indy), got a little more work done on snoopy. I picked up the rearset brackets from Willy D and got them all hooked up. Bought a couple of parts from Fast From the Past, and then taps my own linkage. The goal was to keep the rear pegs with enough room to my wife could still like on the 2 up seat. They worked like a charm. I still have to hook up the rear brake light switch and get a spring attached somehow to the rear break, but its rideable for the weekend.

Next on the list is removing my clubmans and going with clipons.. After feeling Mothgils clubmans I have found that the design of mine is 43523x more uncomfortable that his.. time to upgrade. For clipons I think im going to go with Roc City's for their adjustability. Need to have those all fashoned up with some upgraded brakes by Barber!

WP_000396.jpg

WP_000393.jpg

WP_000395.jpg

WP_000394.jpg

Changed out the decal on the side of the tank to be more true Honda. It was pretty drastic so I was unsure at the beginning, but its starting to grow more on me as time goes.

WP_000439.jpg

Something I found out recently about my front brake caliber is that the bleeder takes a 6mm bolt. I ordered a set of speed bleeders from DCC and it was a 7mm.. After calling around everyone told me that there really isn't any company that made a front with a 6mm.. I took a look and it wasn't filled or anything so im not sure how this came to be.. Ordered a 6mm bleeder anyways so I can stop using a bolt..

Back
Top Bottom