Remember when this forum was about...

You going to try and make this (Sept 26/27) months event? Just figure your gearing for a mile track and get that rubber wheel mounted.

No. I have relatives visiting the 21-25. Will be doing the tourist thing with them. Hollywood, Malibu and all the bullshit. If they want to go to Disneyland or Universal I'l drop them off but I won't be going in. It would be next year before any trips east would be planned. I have one problem with that wheel and that is the size of it. I like small wheels. Less frontal area,

Im not going to do the normal quote by quote but I will readily admit that I have had a stick up my ass but I didnt put it there. I have no idea where you get poor me from but if you took the time to post technical information for the benefit of strangers, with no expectation of a benefit returned, wouldn't it piss you off to see thise posts erased just so some ignorant control freak can cover his tracks? Thats it on that subject. It happened, he knows it, and its over.

Thats how i operate. Just the same as you said we're just shootin the shit, i act no differently here. That being said, i did not fail to see the compliments and I thank those who gave them.

All in all i appreciate and agree with every post in this thread. I immediately felt wrong about erasing the Wicked X thread. I will rectify that. Let me start by providing the link to the original thread.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/167440-Wicked-X-__-Gas-Tank-Prep?highlight=Wicked-X

I have the capability to re post the thread here and will do so when this phase of mods is complete. I also want to directly apologize to all that were following here. I made a rash decision.

I can only speak for myself but thanks Yinzer.

Let me think a minute... Yep, I remember. It's been a long time. Although by today's standards my post count would indicate I've only been here a few months. Whatever. Dohc, whoever else is involved in the nonsense. Chill the hell out.

I remember a time when no one's posts got moderated.

I remember a time when no one's posts NEEDED to be moderated.

DTT isn't a place for thin skin, but it's no place to be a bully either. A big reason I haven't spent much time on here in the last year is the newer members that we have gained seem intent on acting like kids on Facebook. That, and being busy with life, startup biz, work, etc. But there's plenty of the older members who are more than happy to shit on newer members too. No, I am not calling anyone out or accusing, just stating what I've seen. And on that, I would prefer to not engage in the nonsense if I have nothing worthwhile to contribute. Bottom line is this: each of us is accountable for our OWN actions. No one is twisting anyone's arm to call the honda/harley/suzuki/other hater names and defame them. It's on your own head if you do so. And everyone should also understand that certain actions have reactions. In other words, if one throws shit, shit will likely be returned in kind. If someone attacks another, you won't be seen as less of a man if you choose to be the bigger man. Instead, you will probably gain a little respect in the long run. So grow up, dtt, and I'll buy the 2nd round.

I've only been around a year and a half, and I've been saying dumb shit the whole time. I'm wrong more than I'm right but I'm rarely wrong twice. I've learned through being corrected. Each build I do gets better (at least to me) and my bikes go a litter faster each time. I had just one little CB360 before I got here, then within a year I developed a collection. It's all because of this site... Damn, maybe I need and intervention... I've managed to connect to like minded homies, who I wouldn't have met any other way. Two members that live just a few miles from where I grew up have become family. I didn't know they existed just 14 miles down the road before January 2014. Just to show there is two sides to every coin, even one certain individual being criticized up there has shown me significant generosity and he's taught me a few things. This is a great place. It's like the garage my friends and I hung out in when we were kids. We laughed, drank, smoked weed, listened to metal and punk rock, made out with babes, built cars, argued and even bloodied each others noses a few times. All that time, and still to this day, we are brothers. That's just how brothers can be.

VonYinzer said:
That said, if we ever end up in the same place at the same time the first round is on me. Hope you like cheap beer and whiskey.

Could I get in on this? I LOVE cheap beer, but you can keep the whiskey =) just kidding. But seriously.

As a relative noob and a fairly young guy (comparably speaking), I do appreciate this forum. Honestly both for the wealth of knowledge present here, but also for a good laugh now and then. I too have made a few "real life" friends. One in particular is a real helluva guy that I talk to about daily.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say from a relative newcomer perspective is
1). Things change, I am observant enough to see that a few "original" guys are gone, but there CAN be value in new guys

2). Regardless of some of the b.s. on here, there still are guys and gals making awesome machines and having a good time. I'm sorry if this place isn't as it once was, but I am still glad to be a part of it right now

There's a lot of value in new guys. We were all once new guys here. And what deviant said is true also. This place is still the greatest forum of its kind on the web. I'be met a lot of members here become good friends with them outside of here. And I do hope no one takes my last post as a personal jab, just some bits to remember before engaging in the skullduggery being complained about so often lately. Dow anyone who has been around here a long time, who remembers the days way back when we all tossed our front fenders in the trash and gave the fist shakers the bird? Only to buy new ones and/or buy fork braces a year later? We've all been there. Be cool everyone.

It's really not a "this place used to be..." thread. Sorry it came across that way. It was more of a "hey everyone, time for our occasional leave your bullshit at home, it's starting to stink in here reminder" thread. Lol.

Not pointing fingers or implying anyone carries more value than anyone else. I think every so often when folks have unlimited and mostly unrestricted access to something like DTT we occasionally start to take shit for granted. Myself included.

Just wanted to drop a gentle reminder that we are the inmates, but Tim still lets us run the asylum. It's on all members to keep this place civil and to keep this place growing. ALL members, new and old, are responsible.

so again, everyone take a step back, have a beer and chill. The bickering and negativity is really getting old. Don't let it ruin something as killer as what folks have built here.

Attachments

• 2012-08-29-keep_on_truckin-533x260.jpeg
    2012-08-29-keep_on_truckin-533x260.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 230
Brodie said:
Hell, I am still waiting for the next bad points comic.

I know, right? I figured getting back on here after so long there'd be one there for sure :/

hurco550 said:
Heck, I'll get the whiskey.... black velvet.

Maker's Mark or nothing my friend!

My post numbers are so low I look like a real noob but have been faithfully lurking and learning (I hope) from the goings on in here since '08. Yeah, it's changed... some for the good and some for the bad. For the good; for the most part many of the builds are getting more and more impressive. There are far fewer of the "take off the fenders, put on some clubmans, and spray it flat black" builds than there use to be. Real talent and skills at work and on display seem to go a long way toward inspiring the development of skills and discovering previously unknown talents in others. For the bad; yup, far too much of the "that thing will kill ya'" and rants about Firestone tires. If I had been seeing that kind of, and similar stuff, back in '08 I might not be here now. How many enthusiastic noobs have been turned off and turned away by negativity? Or by being ignored? ::) Yeah, sometimes they're asking all the same questions and making the same mistakes; I bet none of us ever did that, right? Yup, I agree w/ Von; chill out, encourage, mentor, lead, follow, teach, learn, ask, and hopefully, RIDE!

I have a fresh bottle of Middleton and one with only a few snifters poured from it, you bring the Budweiser and I'm in.

The Ton was a favorite place to get answers before I posted my first post... I was immediately hit with the asshole effect and my tude shortly followed.

I have recently decided it's not worth pissing people off, but the fact remains... some people here have two problems, 1) they think everyone but them is a dumbass 2) people who bag on bikes when they can just move on (unless it's a sideways v-twin) It's just distasteful, you could offer constructive criticism and advice. People get it wrong and sometimes just confuse shit with something else, someone always will step up and help get it right, no need to get pissy. The c-list thing is wore out beat to death smells like nasty socks, but I like it for the "good stuff" and OK some of those are just wrong, but most of the crap out there is.

I signed up to post a build and spent a decent amount of time on it but my images were too big I guess and would not load so I removed them all, I will still hang out (a lot less) and post my work along with watching all the builds, I just don't think I'm gonna detail the process as much and refrain from allowing the pricks to get under my skin.

If you see anything but humor in XB your missing the boat, the guy is harmlessly annoying... much bigger fish here :eek:

Hey dudes, I'm one of the new guys... And just want to say there is still a lot of the "old stuff@ around IMO. I have learn a ton, laughed a ton and made some really sweet connections with a few other dudes oceans away. There are a few assholes around I've noticed, but thee good far out ways the bad as far as I'm concerned. Hey everything in life is about change, a constant destruction and rebuilding. Enough of the philosophical bull shit, someone pass that whiskey.
Hope to meet some of you in Durham next weekend.

Yeah Son!

I will post this and then delete it once everyone pisses on it:

Just like how SiriusXM is trying to bring back old subscribers, why not have the moderators contact all the "Dead Builds" out there. Ask them to post an update of some kind. Maybe rekindle the fire.

I was looking for some inspiration for a brat and I realized I was reading the same posts over and over again on each build- no fenders, no tire clearance, bars don't turn far enough, firestones, seat is too thin, exhaust is too loud.....and then the updates would stop. Maybe the builder died, or they got tired of having to "activate Adobe", or they felt unwelcomed.....

Or they came up against an obstacle and felt they had no where to turn for help and guidance.

Some of the people on here have great talent and experience. they build a lot of different bikes and maybe even work at a dealership. Others have one bike they built in 1989 using the JC Whitney catalogue and now just have opinions. The first group needs to overpower the second.

Maybe add a silence button, where the OP can "silence" a poster from his thread. That would keep the pissing matches to a minimum.

Anyways, I'm still not running dorky fenders.

Back
Top Bottom